foobar2000 v0.9.1 beta 1
Apr 13, 2006 at 2:41 PM Post #16 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drewpy
And what's wrong with lossless WMA? I don't use it myself, but where's the downside if someone chooses to use that format?

WMA = Lossy format.

WMA Lossless = Lossless format.

Also known as two completely different things.

Apr 13, 2006 at 3:16 PM Post #17 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ayreonaut
When do you think some of the old plugins will get a makeover so that they'll work with the new version of Foobar? I'd like to move to v0.9.1, but not until "command line encoder" gets updated!

use Converter

Quote:

- New: Converter, replacing old “Diskwriter” component. Includes album image writing (cuesheet creation, direct encoding to MP4 with chapters), preview generation and multi-CPU optimizations. Most popular encoders are supported out-of-the-box; more encoders can be added using generic commandline encoder setup.

Apr 13, 2006 at 4:33 PM Post #18 of 29
Similar issues with M-Audio Delta AP192. No sound in ASIO, tried all channel mapping options. KS still works fine.

Apr 13, 2006 at 10:07 PM Post #20 of 29
Does anyone know when they are gonna start supporting ALAC? All my CD's are ripped in ALAC and MAX doesn't do a very good job at converting ALAC's to FLAC's on iMacs.

Apr 14, 2006 at 1:25 AM Post #21 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by 5Kurt
If anybody is interested in (v0.9.1) SSRC Resampler for ASIO you can download it from here

Que? What's wrong with the PPHS resampler?

Apr 14, 2006 at 7:01 AM Post #22 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by ReDVsion
Que? What's wrong with the PPHS resampler?

Nothing is wrong, it is just an alternative.

SSRC is written by Otachan which has written the "ASIO ddl" for 0.8.3. So they know what they are doing. Just test PPHS and SSRC with the ASIO, whichever you find better sonically use it.

Personally I found SSRC a bit better than PPHS.

Apr 15, 2006 at 6:56 AM Post #23 of 29
doesnt asio4all have built in resampling? i don't feel like pulling up the settings but i remember putting a check next to 'always resample to 48khz' cause the AC97 codec in my laptop apparently resamples in hardware... have u tried that vs the SSRC or do you use it in conjunction?

i like the new beta. but where's the CROSSFADE plugin??? that was the coolest part of using foobar.

Apr 15, 2006 at 7:12 AM Post #24 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by panda
doesnt asio4all have built in resampling? i don't feel like pulling up the settings but i remember putting a check next to 'always resample to 48khz' cause the AC97 codec in my laptop apparently resamples in hardware... have u tried that vs the SSRC or do you use it in conjunction?

i like the new beta. but where's the CROSSFADE plugin??? that was the coolest part of using foobar.

I m not using ASIO4All, I use the ASIO-dll plugin, so i cannot comment on that.

I am also waiting for Crossfade plugin, I think it wont be long before the new version is released.

You can check here for newly released plugins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back