Foobar2000 not playing music!
Sep 5, 2008 at 2:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Libertad

1000+ Head-Fier
I already have tried a fresh install and nada I click play and nothing no music....Its like a audiophile's nightmare. Anyone else have this issue because it looks like its running fine and I've checked my hardware every other media player works but not foobar2000.
frown.gif
Some one anyone please lend some info thanks

Sep 5, 2008 at 3:08 AM Post #3 of 13
Im slapping myself now I feel so foolish. For some reason it wasn't set to an output thank buddy

Jun 11, 2016 at 6:33 PM Post #8 of 13
It's working now, thanks!

Well, while I'm here, does someone know how to set up an upsample function?  Whether or not it's necessary or futile (silk purse out of sow's ear), I'd like to try it with my 44.1  and 48.000 files.  I almost wish there was a FB2K for dummys out there.  I love the player, but it can be tricky to add functions, sometimes.

Jun 12, 2016 at 4:51 AM Post #9 of 13
Well, while I'm here, does someone know how to set up an upsample function?  Whether or not it's necessary or futile (silk purse out of sow's ear), I'd like to try it with my 44.1  and 48.000 files.  I almost wish there was a FB2K for dummys out there.  I love the player, but it can be tricky to add functions, sometimes.

Hi.

First of all you'd need to get an upsampling component. Like this one:

http://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_dsp_multiresampler

Download the plugin and put it in your foobar2000\components directory. Then start foobar and go to Preferences>Playback>DSP Manager. You can then see all the available DSPs. Put the upsampler in the Active DSP column and configure it.

Jun 12, 2016 at 1:35 PM Post #10 of 13

Hi.

First of all you'd need to get an upsampling component. Like this one:

http://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_dsp_multiresampler

Download the plugin and put it in your foobar2000\components directory. Then start foobar and go to Preferences>Playback>DSP Manager. You can then see all the available DSPs. Put the upsampler in the Active DSP column and configure it.

Thanks, I'll try it.  I went to the link, and the author of the plug-in suggested that the SoX might be a better one.  I'll try both and see.
Thanks.

Jun 12, 2016 at 1:40 PM Post #11 of 13
Ya'know, this could be a useful thread for FB users.  I know it was a one-question forum, but I find I have some questions about getting the best out of the player, and this could become a resource for head-fi'ers.  As a blind dude, JRiver is deliberately rendered unusable to me and my community by the company, so FB is at this time, my only recourse.
Any thoughts?

Jun 12, 2016 at 3:01 PM Post #12 of 13
Thanks, I'll try it.  I went to the link, and the author of the plug-in suggested that the SoX might be a better one.  I'll try both and see.
Thanks.

No problem. I just linked to the first one I could find. I'm not sure whether it's any good or not. Secret Rabbit Code used to be pretty good, but I'm not sure whether or not there is a plugin for the current version of foobar.

Jun 12, 2016 at 4:17 PM Post #13 of 13

Thanks.

No problem. I just linked to the first one I could find. I'm not sure whether it's any good or not. Secret Rabbit Code used to be pretty good, but I'm not sure whether or not there is a plugin for the current version of foobar.

Yeah, I saw a reference to the S.R. software.  Someone built it into a stripped down version of Windows 8 for music, on ComputerAudio.  If anyone still uses version 8, they could Google it.
We'll see what shakes out.
I got the SoX version to work.  Just needed a little sighted help.  Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back