Foobar2000 Components: Help needed
Jan 25, 2011 at 7:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

darknessproz

100+ Head-Fier
1) I am not satisfied with the default foobar2000 tagging features. I currently use mp3tag for tagging, but would like to cut down 1 more program in my laptop. Is there any components that offer good self-tagging features? Especially important would be album art.

2) Are there any good equalizer programs that work well with foobar2000? I find the default one quite inadequate.

Jan 25, 2011 at 8:19 AM Post #2 of 5
1) freedb and discog components can help you to tag your files. For album art I use foo_run with AlbumArtDownloader app (you do need another app but it's lauched and search terms filled by foobar).
2) Use foo_vst with a parametric equalizer vst of your choice.

Jan 25, 2011 at 1:59 PM Post #4 of 5
I just save album arts as folder.jpg in the appropriate folder, i'm sure there's a proper way of doing it but it only falls apart when there's no copy of the album cover online.

As for components I have frredb tagger, quick tagger and discogs tagger installed. Not sure which one I use, it's the right click > properties one. There is also one called mass-tagger I used on my old install of foobar, forgotten what it does though.

Jan 25, 2011 at 2:08 PM Post #5 of 5
That's pretty much how I do it too!

Quote:
I just save album arts as folder.jpg in the appropriate folder, i'm sure there's a proper way of doing it but it only falls apart when there's no copy of the album cover online.

As for components I have frredb tagger, quick tagger and discogs tagger installed. Not sure which one I use, it's the right click > properties one. There is also one called mass-tagger I used on my old install of foobar, forgotten what it does though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back