Foobar2000 album art slow to show up?
Oct 12, 2015 at 11:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

slayerming2

100+ Head-Fier
So basically you can see my problem in this image http://i.imgur.com/w3ruaoP.png.

And the way I have setup foobar, it's mostly showing the album art, but it always takes a good bit of time to finish loading. Not to mention I have the scroll around to each album to let it load. 

Is there any fix for this?

Oct 12, 2015 at 11:27 AM Post #2 of 5
What file size and type are your pictures? Are they embedded in the tags, or kept as separate files? I had the same problem and it was caused by some cover files that were from 400KB to 1MB which took some time to load.

I used Photoshop to decrease their dimensions and file size down to around 100KB. I don't know of a good free alternative that can do all your pictures at once, but I'm sure one is out there. Maybe an SSD to store the pictures on would help if you don't want small files.

Oct 12, 2015 at 11:36 AM Post #3 of 5
  What file size and type are your pictures? Are they embedded in the tags, or kept as separate files? I had the same problem and it was caused by some cover files that were from 400KB to 1MB which took some time to load.

I used Photoshop to decrease their dimensions and file size down to around 100KB. I don't know of a good free alternative that can do all your pictures at once, but I'm sure one is out there. Maybe an SSD to store the pictures on would help if you don't want small files.

Good point with the size. Not sure, but some are definitely over 1MB. How do I check?

Thing is my laptop has two ssds....

Oct 12, 2015 at 3:34 PM Post #4 of 5
It they are not embedded in the tag then just go to the folder and look at the size of the picture file. If they are in the tag, I don't know how to see the size with foobar. You can use Mp3tag which shows the size of the embedded pictures. Also if they are embedded in each track of an album, maybe it will make them load faster if you extract them and store only one jpeg file for each album.

Oct 22, 2015 at 9:06 PM Post #5 of 5
  It they are not embedded in the tag then just go to the folder and look at the size of the picture file. If they are in the tag, I don't know how to see the size with foobar. You can use Mp3tag which shows the size of the embedded pictures. Also if they are embedded in each track of an album, maybe it will make them load faster if you extract them and store only one jpeg file for each album.

BTW do you have any idea how to make the stars I have on this rating larger?
http://imgur.com/gallery/GNnMwVX/new

Just a bit hard for me to see. And changing the color didn't seem to make much of a difference. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back