foobar2000 0.9 - quick Q?
Mar 31, 2006 at 10:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

m_memmory

1000+ Head-Fier
Just listening to yet more music via foobar2000 v0.9 and there was one little thing that's just slightly annoying that I wondered if anyone can help with. I'm using Columns UI with the Album List plugin as well and whenever I select an album from the list the playlist is totally selected for that album and, due to them all being highlighted, I'm unable to read the titles properly and have to deselect somewhere before I can see what I'm actually looking at.

Anyone know if this can be altered? I've had a quick look through the settings but can't see anything that pops to mind. Just a little niggle that's upsetting my total happiness with it
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 31, 2006 at 11:55 AM Post #2 of 12
You just have to adjust the colors of your columns UI setup. Look under Display, columns ui, playlist view, then under the colours and fonts tab. (Their spelling of colors not mine.)

Mar 31, 2006 at 12:03 PM Post #3 of 12
This is a common problem, which should mean someone is in the process of sorting it, a new albumlist.dll maybe?

There is kind of a 'work-around', or rather a way to 'tip-toe browse'. When browsing your music use the '+'s of the tree, which in my case is the artists/band, then their albums inside:
albumlist.jpg

Then I'd right-click or press 'Ctrl-Ent' to add whatever I select to playlist.

Left-clicking does the evil put anything selected into its own new playlist. Ctrl-W seems to revert back a playlist?

Quote:

Originally Posted by m_memmory
I select an album from the list the playlist is totally selected for that album.

^ That sorts that, the other one is just like james says.

Mar 31, 2006 at 1:04 PM Post #4 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chri5peed
This is a common problem, which should mean someone is in the process of sorting it, a new albumlist.dll maybe?

There is kind of a 'work-around', or rather a way to 'tip-toe browse'. When browsing your music use the '+'s of the tree, which in my case is the artists/band, then their albums inside:
albumlist.jpg

Then I'd right-click or press 'Ctrl-Ent' to add whatever I select to playlist.

Left-clicking does the evil put anything selected into its own new playlist. Ctrl-W seems to revert back a playlist?

^ That sorts that, the other one is just like james says.

If the albumlist.dll is written by the Windows standards then -

[size=xx-small]Tree View Control Keys

Tree views display a set of objects as an indented outline based on their hierarchical relationships. For example, the All Folders pane in the Windows Explorer is a tree view. Files and folders can be moved or copied in tree view by using the Cut, Copy, and Paste commands. Tree view only supports single selection of items.

Keys:Action:
RIGHT ARROW - Opens a branch, or selects the first item in the branch.
LEFT ARROW - Closes a branch, or selects the parent of the current item.
ASTERISK (on the numeric keypad) - Expands everything under the current selection.
MINUS SIGN (on the numeric keypad) - Closes everything under the current selection.
PLUS SIGN (on the numeric keypad) - Expands everything under the current selection back to a previously opened state, or opens only one level if it has not previously been opened.
UP ARROW or DOWN ARROW - Selects the next visible object above or below.
PAGE UP or PAGE DOWN - Moves to the top or bottom item on the screen. Use a second time to move up or down one screen.
HOME or END - Selects the first or last item on the tree.
Any printing character - Selects the next icon with the specified name or initial letter. Repeating the character selects successive items beginning with the same character.
BACKSPACE - Chooses the parent directory
[/size]

jiitee

Mar 31, 2006 at 1:28 PM Post #5 of 12
D'oh, I've seen what the problem was. In preferences in the 'albumlist panel' theres a checkbox which says 'auto send to playlist'.

I disabled this and it doesn't do it now.

J, do you know how to change the colour of the ugly grey surround or disabled it...

Mar 31, 2006 at 11:14 PM Post #6 of 12
do you guys really like your filestructures and all that branching stuff? i just have a huge list of all the songs, and i find that works perfectly

Mar 31, 2006 at 11:23 PM Post #7 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by uzziah
do you guys really like your filestructures and all that branching stuff? i just have a huge list of all the songs, and i find that works perfectly

Yes, its tidier and neat.

Like finding something in a organised, clean bedroom is a lot faster/easier than in a room thats just been turned upside down and shook.

Mar 31, 2006 at 11:49 PM Post #8 of 12
interesting; i'd think it would be just more work to click open artist, albums etc. as opposed to just scrolling down alphabetically: but i do see your point: you can see your entire collection of artists in a small space, this is a nice thing, eh?

Apr 1, 2006 at 11:19 AM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by uzziah
interesting; i'd think it would be just more work to click open artist, albums etc. as opposed to just scrolling down alphabetically: but i do see your point: you can see your entire collection of artists in a small space, this is a nice thing, eh?

Its not me, but I know many people have thousands of CDs. Having them all alphabetically(I assume you mean albums and not individual songs!) might stretch 5 or 6 feet off the bottom of the screen, even my 250 albums stretch quite a long way.
Plus I have all Rock/Metal but I know other people have completely diverse collections and couldn't live without their music sorted into genres.

Apr 2, 2006 at 8:50 PM Post #10 of 12
Personally I like having my albums listed in directory structure - I've always had any music on my PC kept in that format and it's just stuck. To me having it in Genre or anything like that confuses me - especially as some music could be classed in so many different genres.

Back to my original Q - thanks for the tips guys, I think with some maneouvering I might get what I actually want. I like that when something is selected the text is white on blue and when it's not it's black on white. However I don't like that when I select an album it's white on gray and if I change the backgroun colour for that (which you can) to white then it ends up being white on white untill I purposefully select nothing.

I just want it so that when I select a folder on the left that the folders songs are shown with nothing being selected at all and everything easily readable. Oh well... I'll have to see what I can do with the alterations allowable.

Apr 4, 2006 at 9:37 AM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by acedriver
Pref > Media Library > Album List Panel > Behaviour > deselect "Select Added Items"

for the non-panel version, it's under Playlist Interaction

Thanks so much - that gets rid of the one slightly annoying thing that I had about v0.9.

biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back