Foobar200 and Wasapi not always working?
Apr 11, 2009 at 8:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

FatMom

New Head-Fier
When I'm listening to some mp3s or flacs files with foobar and wasapi everything from my claro halo control panel works (equalizer, effects etc) but when I'm listening to some lossless 24/96 wave files (NIN), sounds effect and equalizer dont work.

Does this mean wasapi is somehow not working with flacs and mp3s on my config?

Apr 12, 2009 at 2:46 AM Post #2 of 10
I am using Foobar2000 with WASAPI and I'm listening to Ghosts IV by NIN in 24 bits 96 khz with no problems and the equalizer seems to be working.

Apr 12, 2009 at 8:25 PM Post #4 of 10
Yeah this is what WASAPI does to Foobar2000 it bypasses the windows k-mixer or whatever program that alters SQ.

Apr 12, 2009 at 8:54 PM Post #5 of 10
Well then my EQ and all other env sounds effect (from my claro halo control panel) should not be working when I'm listening music with foobar, at least they dosent work when I'm listening NIN but why its working with flacs and mp3s?

I can't hear any system sound either way (I know this IS supposed to happens)

Apr 15, 2009 at 11:59 PM Post #6 of 10
That's interesting lol!! Since Wasapi would by-pass the k-mixer, your EQ set of Claro Halo should be disabled in the first place! Oh wait, did you enable "exclusive mode" in speaker properties? And can you use KS in foobar? I think KS is better than WASAPI for some reason!

Apr 16, 2009 at 12:30 AM Post #7 of 10
^ if he didn't have exclusive mode enabled, WASAPI would not work at all in F2k.

What are your bit and sample rate settings in your sound settings? Make sure you have them at 24-bit/96kHz if that's what material you're playing.

Apr 16, 2009 at 2:25 AM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by somestranger26 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ if he didn't have exclusive mode enabled, WASAPI would not work at all in F2k.

What are your bit and sample rate settings in your sound settings? Make sure you have them at 24-bit/96kHz if that's what material you're playing.

16bit in foobar and 44.1 in claro halo to match what I'm listening, changing them make not change.

Apr 16, 2009 at 2:28 AM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by olblueyez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
v

well, yeah. Your guide talks about setting up all this and this actually where I learned about bitperfect audio, so its already done, thx anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back