Foobar!
Feb 11, 2007 at 5:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

slick1ru2

100+ Head-Fier
Just downloaded it and WOW! This sounds infinately better (IMHO) to iTunes 7.0, clear, bright and plays a TON of different music types. I found this gem just before my AT-A700 arrive! Yippee
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 11, 2007 at 6:06 PM Post #2 of 10
Welcome! Have you started making it pretty yet?
tongue.gif

My simple effort. I don't have the patience to go for anything better. Check out the foobar gallery thread here for ideas (and things to steal). Also the guide to making foobar usable and the iTunes as the front end, playback through foobar thread

Note: on the 2nd link, you seem to be stuck with the blue colour scheme, unless I'm missing a trick. Also my window and menu bars are black with silver/grey areas because I have a Vista skin loaded to skin XP, but that's a different topic

Also do a search about Asio and kernal streaming

P.S. Win 95 was classic!

Feb 11, 2007 at 6:10 PM Post #3 of 10
No, it still looks like a program written the first week Windows 95 came out.

frown.gif

Can you hook me up?

Feb 12, 2007 at 11:45 AM Post #4 of 10
the look is the last thing you should concentrate on by now. there are some cool plugin like tube-like sound, or stereo to binaural(crossfeed) DSP, you can play with the equalization, listen the difference in sound with dithering on or off on tracks downsampled to 16bit.
and, i normally leave foobar full covered by other program windows! and it doesn't skip cause is very light on cpu and memory usage
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 12, 2007 at 4:38 PM Post #5 of 10
Looks can definitely wait, but it's nice to have something which is visually pleasing. I don't suggest you use iTunes as the front end and foobar for the playback though... Foobar is awesome once you customize it.
smily_headphones1.gif

My Current Foobar.

Good luck with foobar, I found it a bit of a learning curve to get it how I like it.

Feb 13, 2007 at 6:40 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigwormie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
why doesnt anyone host a deck'd out version of foobar?

I am sure people (including me) would be willing to pay something for it.

Just currious.

Or at least a version that includes all these updates and/or better looking layout. I am surprised how slowly Foobar is evolving, you would think columns UI would come as standard by now.

Feb 13, 2007 at 7:45 PM Post #9 of 10
While I believe I learned a lot by re-configuring Foobar on my 'puter to suit my tastes, downloading and installing fixes from different users on 3 different websites was a little un-nerving to say the least.
The Foobar Collective should put out a "delux" version with the most requested fixes already installed, for those of us who are less than completely computer literate.

Feb 14, 2007 at 7:21 PM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Traddad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
While I believe I learned a lot by re-configuring Foobar on my 'puter to suit my tastes, downloading and installing fixes from different users on 3 different websites was a little un-nerving to say the least...

EXACTLY!!!
basshead.gif
I just decided to leave it pretty much alone, make some play lists, close my eyes and enjoy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back