Foobar + Wasapi 3.0 + Creative Emu0404 - Can't make it work.
Sep 12, 2012 at 3:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

hesher

New Head-Fier
I upgraded my Wasapi component version to 3 and I can't hear music with wasapi anymore. (Worked in previous versions)

I am using Emu 0404 on Windows 7.

Whenever I start playing a file on Wasapi 3 I get a "Device Timeout" error message and the next time it's "Device In Use".
This happens for both "Push" and "Event" based methods.

Right now I'm using the Windows DS drivers Or Wasapi 2.

Any idea how to resolve this?

Thanks!

Sep 7, 2013 at 1:48 PM Post #2 of 2
A late response. Just stumbled over your post.

I have the exact same setup and exactly the same issue.

I upgraded to Foobars Wasapi driver 3.x and it does not work. It starts the first song selected and crashes as soon as I switch songs or try to skip ahead in a song.

2.0 kinda worked. It would crash (reboot needed) if I would switch directly bewteen songs of different bitrates. I learned to press stop between switching bitrates and was fine.

I tinkered for hours last night and since I overwrote 2.x of the driver on the install and can't find it anymore I tried the latest Foobar ASIO drivers.

.... and it works like a charm! I even have the feeling the sound is slightly warmer - probably just my imagination though. I can switch between bitrates without any issues.

Here the exact specs of what seems to be working very nicely:

Win7 64-bit Ultimate, SP1

E-MU 0404 USB:
Control Panel 1.4
Firmware 8.04
Driver 6.00.01.0001 (beta)
File Version: 1.4.0.3

Foobar 1.2.9
ASIO Support 2.1.2 (with 64-bit Asio and Run with high process priority checked).

No clipping so far. Happy camper again.

(Still would like to get WASAPI to work though to confirm the warmer sounding ASIO theory...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back