Foobar Vs. Winamp
Sep 4, 2005 at 9:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

ROBSCIX

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey, Guys. I see alot of people in here prefer Foobar over Winamp. I use Winamp becuase it give me the Features and the functions to get the best sound I can, Using plugins and What not. SO my question is why do some people prefer foobar over Winamp?..I my opinion there is no better player then winamp, but thats just my opinion..so Guys..give me some reason.

Sep 4, 2005 at 9:52 PM Post #2 of 7
This settles it, this forum really needs a sticky, it seems every few days to a week someone asks Foobar vs. Winamp and we have the same discussion over and over and over again.

So can a mod please make a sticky about this?

Also to answer your question. It is a matter of taste, both Foobar and Winamp require a bit of tweaking to get "just right" for a user. With the right settings Winamp and Foobar should sound the same. Use whatever you like more. I like Winamp so I use it, if you find a Foobar setup you like then use that.

Sep 4, 2005 at 9:58 PM Post #3 of 7
That what I mean, So if Foobar cannot sound any better than a properly configured winamp then why would people use it?..Considering the awsome looks one can have for a winamp..or a standard grey window...

Sep 4, 2005 at 9:59 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by ROBSCIX
That what I mean, So if Foobar cannot sound any better than a properly configured winamp then why would people use it?..Considering the awsome looks one can have for a winamp..or a standard grey window...

Even though I have only been coming here off and on for a little under a year, this discussion has played out 10000000 times in that span.

Use the search button.

EDIT: Look on the page like 5 threads below this one
http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showt...=134496&page=1

A thread called "What's so great about Foobar?"

You should at least glance at the threads on a forum before posting another one IMO

Sep 5, 2005 at 2:26 AM Post #7 of 7
Foobar -can- look good. But I'd say the learning curve is steeper.
It just kinda bugs me that I can't register to hydrogenaudio forum, so I need to look elsewhere for questions..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back