foobar tunneling
Feb 26, 2005 at 11:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

diefree

Head-Fier
I would love to be able to "tunnel" my music from foobar directly to the soundcard line out without any other windows noises or sounds, i.e. tunneling.

Is this possible? To basically have a bit perfect signal sent directly to the line out/ optical out without having any other windows sounds included?

This would make a much more "audiophile" level of a digital signal.

Feb 26, 2005 at 11:15 PM Post #2 of 11
have 2 soundcards... one as your default and one set up with foobar

Feb 26, 2005 at 11:39 PM Post #4 of 11
exactly...

Feb 27, 2005 at 4:51 AM Post #5 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by necropimp
have 2 soundcards... one as your default and one set up with foobar

Can this also be done with WinAmp Pro, or is this strictly a foobar thing?

Feb 27, 2005 at 5:10 AM Post #6 of 11
yeah it can be done in any player that allows you to select which soundcard it uses

Feb 27, 2005 at 6:59 PM Post #8 of 11
Set your foobar output to ASIO and then mute the wave volume. I *think* this should work. I'm not sure because with the EMU, you can simply disable the wave input while leaving asio alone. With other soundcards, it might turn off all the sound, but I'm not sure.

Feb 27, 2005 at 7:06 PM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by CSMR
I don't see how that would result in a quality increase.

it does... i don't think it helps the quality of the listening experience when you
hear a beep from windows

Feb 28, 2005 at 8:43 AM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by NightRaven
Set your foobar output to ASIO and then mute the wave volume. I *think* this should work. I'm not sure because with the EMU, you can simply disable the wave input while leaving asio alone. With other soundcards, it might turn off all the sound, but I'm not sure.

I have a terratec DMX 6fire and this works just fine for me. You could also use the Kernel Streaming Output

Feb 28, 2005 at 5:14 PM Post #11 of 11
Now, wouldn't it just be easier to turn off all Windows sounds? It just seems cheaper (and less of a hassle) to turn off Windows sounds (they're annoying anyway) than to buy and install a new sound card and configure fb2k.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back