Foobar Skin Experts?
Dec 26, 2006 at 1:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Dedpoet

100+ Head-Fier
First off, merry Christmas everyone!

Secondly, are there any Foobar skinning experts in the house? After a hiatus from foobar2000 because of layout frustration, I've decided to give it another try. I found a really nice skin that I like and have everything set up except for one small issue - there is a question mark at the end of all of my song titles except for the one that is currently playing:

f2k_1.gif

I'm nearly certain that it has to do with the if condition that checks to see if the song is the one currently playing. If it is, it makes displays a little arrow animation in the song title. If not, it's not supposed to display anything, but it's putting the "?" in.

In the columns UI configuration under the Song column, the author of this FCS file has this:

Code:

Code:
[left]%title% $if(%_isplaying%,) $if(%title%,)%_now_play%[/left]

If I remove the bottom 2 lines, everything looks correct, but of course I get no animation. Same if I remove only the third line. If I also remove the comma at the end of the second line, I get lots of errors. If I remove only the first line, I get only the question marks and the animation as I would expect. If I remove just the middle line, nothing seems to change, which is odd. This tells me that the issue must be with the %now_play% code.

So, I checked the "Globals" section of the config, and found this:

Code:

Code:
[left]// Now-playing Animation now_play= $if(%_isplaying%, $padcut($repeat('««',$add($mod($right(%_time_elapsed%,2),5),1)),16))[/left]

Now anything I try to change in that line just gives me errors and that is where I am stuck. The line actually ends with a square non-printable character that I can't paste in, but so do most of the lines in that config. If I delete it, everything screws up, so I think it needs to be there. I have no idea what most of that means.

Is anyone able to help? Thanks!

Dec 26, 2006 at 7:46 PM Post #2 of 3
I think it will work better with something like that :

Code:

Code:
[left]%title% $if(%_isplaying%,%_now_play%)[/left]

And if you want, you can replace the code in the globals :

Code:

Code:
[left]// Now-playing Animation now_play=$padcut($repeat('««',$add($mod($right(%_time_elapsed%,2),5),1)),16)[/left]

No need to test %_isplaying% 2 times.

It's been a long time since I used Columns UI, I hope I'm not wrong.
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back