foobar + remote = ?????
Dec 8, 2005 at 2:37 PM Post #5 of 12
Foobar2000 can use Global Hotkeys, so if the remote buttons act as "keys" then you can set them to skip tracks, play/pause, etc. in the the Foobar options, under Keyboard Shortcuts (don't forget to check the little box that says "Global hotkey")
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 9, 2005 at 10:09 PM Post #6 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by uzziah
can i use a remote control with foobar on my pc? it would be nice to sit on the other side of the room and skip tracks.

Yes, that's possible. I've set it up using Girder (http://www.promixis.com/) which receives the remote control signals via the USB-receiver I have and activates user-defined functions such as sending key-strokes to certain programs (e.g. foobar). Getting Girder to work can be a little complicated but it allows you to control almost anything you want.

Dec 15, 2009 at 6:24 AM Post #7 of 12
I'm bringing this thread back from the dead because now I'm looking for a remote that will work on XP so I can control foobar with it. All the PC remotes that I see on newegg are for Vista/7.

Anyone can tell me which PC remotes will work on XP?

Dec 15, 2009 at 3:35 PM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by thoppa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
USB Remote Control Controller for PC Laptop XP Vista on eBay (end time 06-Jan-10 01:31:51 GMT)

I've got something similar to this, and programmed foobar with the global hotkeys commands, and it works fine.

I'm able to set it up so I can make the buttons go to album list, change track order (default or repeat) put it on pause?

On my keyboard I use A to go to Album List (by folders). Enter is Play, ' is actually my pause button, S is stop, 1 is default and 2 is repeat track. Those are the only keys that needs to be programed on the remote. For my video program that will be a different story.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROBSCIX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There are many ways to get remotes working with this player or others.

I know but my problem is that the current PC remotes will only work on Windows Vista/7 an not on XP. I need a XP remote.

Dec 15, 2009 at 3:52 PM Post #11 of 12
There are many very cheap XP remotes on Ebay, and I'd bet any of them will do what you want. I use mine for volume and track changes. You could also buy a wireless keyboard and use that as a remote for Foobar.

Dec 15, 2009 at 3:57 PM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by thoppa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There are many very cheap XP remotes on Ebay, and I'd bet any of them will do what you want. I use mine for volume and track changes. You could also buy a wireless keyboard and use that as a remote for Foobar.

That's true.

Anyway I found some cheap remotes on ebay so this settles it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back