Foobar + KS help with my dac1 =(
May 21, 2005 at 11:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Csi

Head-Fier
I don't think I am maximizing the use of Benchmark Dac-1 because I personally don't hear that much difference from going from stock Senn cable with cable stereo output from the Chaintech AV710 to using a MCM glass optical cable to DAC1 and XLR zu cables to Senn 650!

Right now I cannot disable the foobar2k program from using the Resampler[SSRC] Under the settings for the DSP manager I want to have the target sample rate to be 44.1 [because ppl here say that 44.1 is the rate i should be having? I play primarily mp3's] but as soon as I set it to 44.1 the foobar pumps out an error opening device with KS. I want to move the Resampler[SSRC] to the inactive right side of the DSP's but everytime i do that then foobar stops playing my music! I assume that with leaving the DSP active under foobar I am still using the Wolfstein Dac on the Chaintech instead of allowing my Benchmark to do all the resampling?

My settings on the audiodeck I think are correct in that I have it set to play PCM only with enable high sample rate UNchecked.

Any help or ideas?

May 22, 2005 at 5:36 AM Post #3 of 3
I am not sure but if you are using the AV710, then you will not be able to utilise the KS feature in FB without resampling. you would be better of using the ASIO4ALL plugin (dll or exe either is fine). To use KS, you will have to use resampling, there is no other option with the chaintech. I am not sure if the EMU cards allow for KS to be utilised to send a native bit perfect 44.1 Khz signal to a dac. I will let someone else chime in on that

Users who are viewing this thread

Back