Foobar Kernal streaming problems
Dec 5, 2004 at 1:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Drakemoor

100+ Head-Fier
I've been doing a bit of maintenance on my computer like taking the case off and getting any dust out. I took all the PCI cards out, including the soundcard so i could get better access but now that i've put it all back kernal streaming won't work in Foobar for some reason. It works with directsound etc but i get an error message with Foobar, so i tried with my onboard nforce and it works so what has happened?

BTW, the soundcard is a crappy soundblaster
blink.gif

Dec 5, 2004 at 1:07 AM Post #2 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drakemoor
I've been doing a bit of maintenance on my computer like taking the case off and getting any dust out. I took all the PCI cards out, including the soundcard so i could get better access but now that i've put it all back kernal streaming won't work in Foobar for some reason. It works with directsound etc but i get an error message with Foobar, so i tried with my onboard nforce and it works so what has happened?

BTW, the soundcard is a crappy soundblaster
blink.gif

Maybe it reset the drivers. Have tried reintalling your soundblaster drivers?

Dec 5, 2004 at 1:32 AM Post #3 of 8
Not yet, the thing that makes me wonder is that it works on WMP and on every other part of Foobar exept when i'm using Kernal streaming, it comes up with an error every time then and it was working before i took the card out. If it comes to it i'll take the case off again tommorow and see if anything looks suspicious.

Dec 5, 2004 at 1:45 AM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Not yet, the thing that makes me wonder is that it works on WMP and on every other part of Foobar exept when i'm using Kernal streaming, it comes up with an error every time then and it was working before i took the card out. If it comes to it i'll take the case off again tommorow and see if anything looks suspicious.

That is odd, but I think reinstalling the drivers might be a good start.

Dec 5, 2004 at 2:05 AM Post #6 of 8
from my exprience:
1) Make sure no other program has sound open (even hidden systray progs, etc)
2) Make sure you're playing a compatible sound format in KS
- Use the resampler to 48000Hz and don't play mono files...

Dec 5, 2004 at 2:33 AM Post #7 of 8
I've reinstalled the KX drivers and it's working fine now, thanks c4nnon_fodder
biggrin.gif

I still don't understand why the drivers suddenly stopped Kernal streaming working though but i think the reason the nforce was still playing was because the KX drivers wouldn't have worked for it in the first place. For a second then i thought i might have damaged the card but thankfully that wasn't the case. Also i don't know if this means anything but it was considerably louder when kernal streaming wasn't working, it's back to normal now.

Dec 5, 2004 at 4:28 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

I've reinstalled the KX drivers and it's working fine now, thanks c4nnon_fodder
biggrin.gif

I still don't understand why the drivers suddenly stopped Kernal streaming working though but i think the reason the nforce was still playing was because the KX drivers wouldn't have worked for it in the first place. For a second then i thought i might have damaged the card but thankfully that wasn't the case. Also i don't know if this means anything but it was considerably louder when kernal streaming wasn't working, it's back to normal now.

Hehe, glad to hear it worked.
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back