Foobar jumping between tracks
Oct 7, 2010 at 12:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

sdheda

Head-Fier
I began experiencing a weird problem with my foobar installation recently. It was working perfectly fine, until this weekend when it started to jump between tracks. I didn't think anything of it and closed foobar, but now when I try to play any track it is still jumping between tracks.

I have tried re-installing foobar and reinstalling my sound card drivers, but nothing seems to work. I have also tried another music player musikCube, but it would not playback any tracks, and a message kept popping up in my notification area rapidly.

What is also strange is that after I launch foobar, any adjustments I make to its window causes it to jump between tracks.

I am out of things to try. All other audio works fine it is just when I try to playback music it does not work.

Any ideas what could be going on?

Edit: It seems like any time I queue audio or video files in a program that software will not be able to play the tracks. I am also having this problem when I queue video files in media player classic and VLC. This is really the strangest thing I have ever seen.

Oct 8, 2010 at 11:01 AM Post #3 of 3
thanks for the reply.

I had also tried to reinstall directx and that did not solve it either.

But I did find out the problem. My keyboard also began acting weird. I then unplugged and plugged back in all my usb connections, and then everything started working again. I was able to queue audio and video tracks and play them back without having them jump around.

This is still the strangest thing. At least I know that if it happens again what the cause is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back