Foobar help!
Jan 28, 2007 at 3:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

nerv

Head-Fier
I have a really simple question. For some reason my foobar on my laptop DOES NOT save the playlist tabs I create. However, the desktop computer that I use saves all the playlist tabs that I create. It is a PAIN to reload all the playlist files everytime I open foobar on my laptop. Can someone please give me the command to stop erasing the playlist on close. Even without the customization foobar still erases the playlist tabs. Please help
confused.gif

Jan 28, 2007 at 6:35 PM Post #2 of 9
Is it possible that you don't have admin privileges in your laptop profile? If you have multiple profiles turned off, Foobar saves changes to your Program Files/Foobar folder. A non-admin user isn't allowed to make those changes in Windows XP.

Solution would be either to get admin privileges or enable multiple profiles in Foobar set-up so that it saves changes to the User Data folders.

That's all I can think of.

Jan 30, 2007 at 6:45 PM Post #3 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by cooperpwc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is it possible that you don't have admin privileges in your laptop profile? If you have multiple profiles turned off, Foobar saves changes to your Program Files/Foobar folder. A non-admin user isn't allowed to make those changes in Windows XP.

Solution would be either to get admin privileges or enable multiple profiles in Foobar set-up so that it saves changes to the User Data folders.

That's all I can think of.

Tried all of your advice, but it still erases the playlist
frown.gif
Anyone have any more suggestions?
confused.gif

Feb 15, 2007 at 7:24 AM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by minktoast /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had this problem once. I think I solved it by doing a complete uninstall. Rebooting. Downloading the latest Foobar and reinstalling. HTH!

FTW. This solved my problem!
280smile.gif

Feb 21, 2007 at 10:31 AM Post #6 of 9
I don't want to create a new thread for this, so here goes: Where can I find the most recent version of foo_cdda.dll? The Wiki pages list it, but behind the download link is only foo_burninate. Googling didn't give any download links. If someone could host a download, I would be very happy.

Feb 21, 2007 at 7:04 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by tuhnu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't want to create a new thread for this, so here goes: Where can I find the most recent version of foo_cdda.dll? The Wiki pages list it, but behind the download link is only foo_burninate. Googling didn't give any download links. If someone could host a download, I would be very happy.

I have one dated October 14, 2006. (I have no idea if that is the most recent but my Foobar config is bug free.) If you want it, PM me with your email address. It's only 195 kb.

Feb 21, 2007 at 7:29 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by tuhnu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Try installing the newest foobar. It just might work.
biggrin.gif

Feb 23, 2007 at 12:15 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by EnOYiN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try installing the newest foobar. It just might work.
biggrin.gif

I didn't remember the component being packed with the installer. I must have deleted it for some reason before. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back