Foobar gave a big scare!!
Feb 22, 2007 at 7:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Jubei

Headphoneus Supremus
Foobar just gave a BIG scare!

I was listening to music in the background and transferring some files to my PC from a SD card via card reader. I safely removed the card reader and the music was still playing fine. A few minutes later, Foobar freezes the entire PC. Ctrl-Alt-Del does nothing so I push the reset button on the front panel of the PC.

After reboot, I run Foobar again. This time a LOUD beep goes off before the entire screen goes black. PC reboots automatically. I AM FREAKED OUT.

I didn't want to risk anything so I downloaded the Foobar installer and re-installed the program. Everything seems fine now (I am keeping my fingers crossed). I think I am going to close Foobar, or at least stop if from playing, before I remove any USB devices in the future.

Feb 23, 2007 at 10:52 AM Post #2 of 3
Hmm, that's not good. I would try updating your drivers (soundcard, usb and maybe even motherboard drivers). Also check if your soundcard is sharing IRQ with another device. If so, move your soundcard to another PCI slot.

Feb 23, 2007 at 11:03 AM Post #3 of 3
I would be more worried that it WASN'T caused by Foobar. But something else might be going wrong in your PC. Make sure you backup your data.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back