Foobar for Mac?
Jun 9, 2010 at 8:10 PM Post #18 of 20

Quote:
I'd just get used to using iTunes. It works far better on a Mac than a PC.

Otherwise, did anyone ever get Foobar working in Crossover or Darwine?

I think there would be no point because you would lose the chance to be bitperfect. Not sure if foobar would translate well into coreaudio and what sort of transport is used in the Windows 'bottle' to get the sound to the host OS (OS X).

A simple alternative would merely be to run bootcamp, and load Windows. Foobar could then be installed natively and as long as you don't have a Mac only audio interface (i.e. Apogee Duet... damn) then you're set.

Edit: Have seen a guy running it through Darwine on HydrogenAudio though, for the record.

Aug 29, 2010 at 10:13 AM Post #19 of 20
I recently discovered a cross platform ope- source player, Clementine, which plays FLAC and a whole bunch of other formats.
It seems pretty promising, I haven't tested it yet on OSX, but it works pretty well in Win 7, it doesn't have problems with large (10000+) libraries contrary to Songbird.

It's still in version 0.4 and the first build is from march, so I'm pretty hopeful it will get better.
So if you've just swithed to Mac and don't want to convert your library to ALAC for whatever reason (messing up with personalized tags for example), Clementine could be the solution your looking for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back