Foobar Equalizer
Apr 17, 2013 at 12:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

tisumner

New Head-Fier
Not sure if this goes here so Mods feel free to move if need be. I just started using Foobar and wanted to know how to add more treble or clarity/brightness to a song, as in perhaps someone could do a screenshot? Thanks in advance

Apr 28, 2013 at 1:26 AM Post #2 of 9
In Foobar click on the "View" menu and then choose "Equalizer."  When the equalizer opens start fiddling with the sliders labeled in "kHz."  Note that Foobar gives you a HUGE range of adjustment, + or - 20dB is a lot.  What may look like small adjustments likely will be more than enough.  Try bumping the 7 kHz and 10 kHz by two or three dB and see if that does the trick for you.  In the alternative you may want to try moving down some of the sliders between 110 Hz and 440 Hz and see what that does. 

Apr 28, 2013 at 12:02 PM Post #3 of 9
The foobar equalizer is not a good one. Move a slider up and measure the resulting sound - you'll find a flat-topped pillar with a width at the top of the slider's range. This is what I seem to recall anyway.

Try this or some other one: http://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_dsp_xgeq

Jan 4, 2016 at 3:35 AM Post #4 of 9
Bump

Anyway to get that 31 band equalizer as one of the UI elements? 
I can only get it come up in a window but not selectable as one of the available UI elements. 

Jan 5, 2016 at 12:09 AM Post #5 of 9
  Bump

Anyway to get that 31 band equalizer as one of the UI elements? 
I can only get it come up in a window but not selectable as one of the available UI elements. 

My understanding is this was designed that was so as to not conflict with the equilizer provided with foobar's installation.

That said I think I have seen some skins which had it in a column.  That would take scripts and both the hack, column splitter, and WSH dlls at a minimum which is way beyond my ability.

Jan 9, 2016 at 3:50 PM Post #7 of 9
in practice I just call up my EQ with a shortcut(it's easy to create it and call up visualizations or DSPs). makes it very fast and easy to use, but I don't know how to put a DSP in the default UI.

Jan 17, 2016 at 4:55 PM Post #8 of 9
Is there an EQ for Foobar that lets you have as much control as "Equalizer APO"? Being able to adjust the Quality of the Peak Filters is incredibly handy (necessary for making smooth/accurate adjustments vs generic graphic equalizers). Just curious since you can't use WASAPI/ASIO in Foobar and APO at the same time.

Jan 17, 2016 at 5:38 PM Post #9 of 9
  Is there an EQ for Foobar that lets you have as much control as "Equalizer APO"? Being able to adjust the Quality of the Peak Filters is incredibly handy (necessary for making smooth/accurate adjustments vs generic graphic equalizers). Just curious since you can't use WASAPI/ASIO in Foobar and APO at the same time.

you're looking for a parametric EQ . there are a number of those with their own pros and con, you just end up trying plenty settle with one you prefer using. many are free so there is no reason not to try them.
as for foobar, if you don't already have one, you will need a "vst wrapper" I think it's called, to be able to use a VST EQ. if you don't have one already, type something like "use vst in foobar"(yeah I'm a real google hacker^_^), it's a question we have all asked at some point so I'm sure you'll get suggestions and procedures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back