foobar customization
Jan 8, 2008 at 11:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

ronmtorres

500+ Head-Fier
Ok guys,
I know some of you will agree with me that an "unmodded" Foobar player is a bit boring (especially compared to Mediamonkey which even shows album art). However, I have seen many users here who have good-looking Foobars. Can you please teach a noob how to do those "mods" or customizations? I would really love album art if ever..
In short, please post your Foobar modifications here and please tell us how to do such.. THanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 8, 2008 at 8:28 PM Post #3 of 7
The above guide is a good place to start if you want to stick with something that uses Columns UI. I personally use Panels UI and I love the look of foobar now, its even better than "professionally" designed interfaces.

Foobar2000 Blog » Fooblog

Thats a good place to look if you want to get a feel for panels ui. they have easy to install skins so you don't have to do too much programming yourself.

And below is an example of what I've been able to do with foobar with fooblog's help.

foobar2.jpg

foobar1.jpg

Jan 8, 2008 at 11:45 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zarathustra19 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The above guide is a good place to start if you want to stick with something that uses Columns UI. I personally use Panels UI and I love the look of foobar now, its even better than "professionally" designed interfaces.

Foobar2000 Blog » Fooblog

Thats a good place to look if you want to get a feel for panels ui. they have easy to install skins so you don't have to do too much programming yourself.

I did not know that they came out with a new version that could do that. I just followed those instructions and upgraded to it. It is a good improvement, thanks.

Jan 9, 2008 at 4:02 AM Post #7 of 7
no problem, I just went through and updated the background and some other features. Panels UI gives you a lot of customization options. I'm loving it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back