foobar crossfeed
Jan 11, 2005 at 12:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

UserNotFound

100+ Head-Fier
So, I turned on crossfeed for a day on foobar, and didn't pick out the difference at first, but after listening to several songs, i must say that it makes closed cans much easier to listen, as especially in trance music, those alternating left right effects dont feel like they're pulling my braind back and forth.

How does the crossfeed in foobar(digital programming) compare with an analog hardwired crossfeed?

Jan 11, 2005 at 7:15 PM Post #2 of 5
i can only notice a difference with crossfeed when certain instruments are at the very edges of the soundstage. The feeling i get is like these instruments are being lifted off of your ears and are further apart. I used to use crossfeed a lot, but recently i've gone back to music without it as the imaging seems more accurate without it on.

Jan 12, 2005 at 4:47 AM Post #4 of 5
Lots of help, guys.

Quote:

Originally Posted by UserNotFound
How does the crossfeed in foobar(digital programming) compare with an analog hardwired crossfeed?

Jan 12, 2005 at 9:39 AM Post #5 of 5
I like it, I can't actually compare to hardware but at times with certain music I have to use it. I'll get a mad headache otherwise from the overly wide stereo image.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back