Foobar "Could not update tags"
Jun 9, 2008 at 3:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Nevuh

New Head-Fier
I keep getting Could not update tags (Access denied) on: "http://visionshosting.net.streams.bassdrive.com:8004/". When using online radio it happens about every 60sec or so. It's a easy fix with just hitting play but gets on my nerves lol.

Jun 10, 2008 at 1:16 AM Post #2 of 8
Sounds like you're using some component (something to do with playback statistics or somesuch?) that's trying to update the tags on a stream for some daft reason.

Jun 22, 2009 at 6:24 PM Post #3 of 8
well hello, i'm having a similar problem but i think my music folders are denying access so i have this all the time>>>>>>
>>>>Could not update tags (Access denied) on:
"D:\Music\VDGG\VDGG-the quiet zone, the pleasure dome (1977)\08.chemical world.mp3"
and each time the folder needed, i'm not trying to update even, but i would like to do it and to stop these annoying messages, can u help me,thnx

Jun 22, 2009 at 6:55 PM Post #4 of 8
firemusic. Seems like you have the same issue as the OP, lack of write access to the accessed file. But unlike him/her you access a local file and hence should be able to give write access.

So make sure you have write access to the "VDGG-the quiet zone, the pleasure dome (1977)" folder and the files contained in it. The option should be in the folder/file properties

Jun 23, 2009 at 1:44 AM Post #6 of 8
ok i unmarked read only in the folder propeties(in both of mine music folders) and denial stopped no more messages. but i want to know if this is a security risk, i'm the only one to use this PC, thnx it helped
k701smile.gif

Jun 23, 2009 at 3:01 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by firemusic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ok i unmarked read only in the folder propeties(in both of mine music folders) and denial stopped no more messages. but i want to know if this is a security risk, i'm the only one to use this PC, thnx it helped
k701smile.gif

In general nothing stored on your computer is 100% safe.
That is why we have backups, right?
wink.gif

Jun 23, 2009 at 3:22 PM Post #8 of 8
nothin is ever 100% but if you're the only person using the computer it's as secure as can be as long as you're behind a firewall etc. Personally i just got rid of the playcount plug-in; i know which songs i like already =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back