Foobar and Apple Lossless
Apr 30, 2007 at 6:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

elbrickodaviso

100+ Head-Fier
I ripped a few CDs to Apple Lossless with iTunes, and 5 minutes later realized that the files wouldn't work with foobar. I couldn't find an addon that would get foobar to play them. Does anyone know of one, or at least some way of ripping cds to high quality and playing them on foobar? Thanks

Dec 7, 2008 at 11:44 PM Post #4 of 17
I'm going to raise this one from the dead. Can anyone help me out with this? I have about 110 gigs of Apple Lossless and Foobar won't "see" them even though ALAC is in the components folder and I configured Foobar to look my the iTunes music directory. Any ideas?

Dec 8, 2008 at 4:35 PM Post #6 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by espressogeek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm going to raise this one from the dead. Can anyone help me out with this? I have about 110 gigs of Apple Lossless and Foobar won't "see" them even though ALAC is in the components folder and I configured Foobar to look my the iTunes music directory. Any ideas?

And you use Foobar2000 v0.9.6 and ALAC decoding support v1.0.1? Aka, latest versions...
Weird, cause I run that combo at work and it plays Apple Lossless files smoothly.

Dec 11, 2008 at 4:48 AM Post #7 of 17
Yes I have the latest versions of both Foobar and ALAC. All you do to "install" ALAC is copy the .dll to the components folder correct?

Dec 11, 2008 at 4:55 AM Post #8 of 17
Quote:

Yes I have the latest versions of both Foobar and ALAC. All you do to "install" ALAC is copy the .dll to the components folder correct?

Yes.

Dec 11, 2008 at 7:54 AM Post #9 of 17
I'm using Foobar v0.9.6 w/ ALAC v1.0.1 too. So far so good, and I've got ~250GB of ALAC files. It's not 100% stable, but 99% is good enough for me. Good luck
wink.gif

Dec 11, 2008 at 3:34 PM Post #10 of 17
espressogeek. Any messages in the console?

Dec 11, 2008 at 5:38 PM Post #11 of 17
Quote:

Seeing the files and actually playing them are 2 different things. Can you open any of the ALAC files in Foobar? You should be able to choose open from the menu and navigate to the folder where the files are and choose one. Does it play?

Feb 22, 2009 at 1:43 PM Post #12 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by powerslave /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Seeing the files and actually playing them are 2 different things. Can you open any of the ALAC files in Foobar? You should be able to choose open from the menu and navigate to the folder where the files are and choose one. Does it play?

Hello. I have the same problem. Foobar 9.6.2, ALAC 1.02 and Monkey's decoder 2.1.3 are properly installed and I do see files in the playlist, when I load image + .cue music files into Foobar. And it looks like one big file, which is playable and contains all the content from the rest of album in one track, other tracks aren't playable, console says "Unable to open item for playback (Object not found):", but the tracks time are calculated right, and the last track doesn't have any time at specific bar and isn't playable too.

Help me out, guys!

Btw, flac tracks (when it goes in tracks, not in image + .cue) play fine.

Feb 22, 2009 at 2:42 PM Post #15 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Silverin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
could you explain it at greater length?

Sorry, I was answering poster's question.

For your question, I guess you may need to modify the cue file a bit.

In the cue file,

find the FILE "XXXXXXXX" WAVE line

change XXXXXX into your flac file name.

I hope it would be helpful.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back