Foobar 2000 - a couple of problems
Oct 31, 2009 at 3:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Philski

100+ Head-Fier
I have had a couple of issues with Foobar2000 recently, I'm hoping that someone can help.

After plugging my iBasso D10 into my laptop and turning it on, I don't get the option to select USB output in the Playback Preferences. However, when I do the same with my Pico, I do get the option. The D10 is fully charged and the whole chain is live - Pico -> amp -> headphones. Any ideas?

The second issue I'm having is installing some Foobar components that I want. When I try to extract the downloaded to files to the components directory of Foobar2000, I get a message saying 'Access Denied', explaining that the action might require Administrator access. The output log says:

"Extracting file: C:\Users\Philski\AppData\Local\Temp\foo_ui_columns-0.3.7.3.7z
Extracting to "C:\Program Files\foobar2000\components\"
Use Path: yes Overlay Files: no
Error: Access is denied
Extracting license.txt Unable to create file"

Can anyone help with this as well? Please bear in mind that I am not technical, but good at following clear idiot-proof instructions!

Oct 31, 2009 at 3:58 PM Post #2 of 5
Well for the component problem i would download it some were else and then copy pasta into the component folder and it will ask for admin privileges (what OS btw?)

Also try reinstalling drivers for the D10.

Oct 31, 2009 at 4:10 PM Post #3 of 5
From what I can tell, there aren't any separate drivers for the D10; they're built into Windows, like some (but not all) other USB devices. Maybe try plugging it into a different port if available and watch to see if it detects it and installs the driver.

Oct 31, 2009 at 4:30 PM Post #4 of 5
Thanks, SirDrexel - that worked like a dream! I feel a bit silly for not trying that myself - all I did before was unplug and re-plug in the same port...

@lozanoa, I'm running Vista Home Edition (lucky me, eh?). Your fix worked too - better to extract to the desktop and then copy & paste, worked well.

Thanks for your help, guys!

Oct 31, 2009 at 4:36 PM Post #5 of 5
I think the problem with extraction is that whatever program you used isn't set up to get the permission like Explorer. Yeah, you're better off extracting it somewhere first, then copying the extracted file over so that Explorer handles the transfer and gets the permission.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back