Foobar 0.9 fuzz after play/pause - help!
Apr 3, 2006 at 5:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

skudmunky

Headphoneus Supremus
I recently downloaded the new Foobar, along with Columns UI and a bunch of other ported plugins. Everything works fine except for this: After pausing the track for random amounts of time, when I press play again it gives me loud white noise, (most of the time) soft white noise, (some of the time) or actually resumes the song (almost none of the time). What could be causing this? As far as I can tell it's happened with both my flac and mp3 files. Any ideas?

Apr 3, 2006 at 5:49 PM Post #2 of 10
I get that too with Kernel Streaming. Rather annoying, and I never did figure out what caused it. I just decided it was one of those bugs, since Kernel Streaming is listed as a 'testing' feature which might cause problems.

After being blasted a couple of times, I was very careful not to press the pause button.
tongue.gif

Apr 3, 2006 at 7:55 PM Post #3 of 10
I never heard a noise when un-pausing a file. 0.9's Kernel streaming works flawlessly for me, so far.

Apr 4, 2006 at 6:21 PM Post #4 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by parrot5
I never heard a noise when un-pausing a file. 0.9's Kernel streaming works flawlessly for me, so far.

Same for me, are you sure it isn't you're sound card?

Apr 6, 2006 at 7:33 PM Post #7 of 10
Anyone know what to change, besides my soundcard (which does need a change but I'm out of money) to alleviate this problem? Still happens randomly, sometimes it will work fine, sometimes pressing play/pause a couple times makes ot play normally. Very strange.

Apr 6, 2006 at 8:31 PM Post #8 of 10
Install the foobar 0.8.x on another folder. This is what I did: installed both foobar 0.9 and 0.8 on two separate folders. This way I can test out different plugins, and if they don't work, I have 0.8 ready to go without a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back