Follow the crowd or go bold?
Aug 18, 2008 at 5:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Libertad

1000+ Head-Fier
Im ready to go big dollar on some IEMs but im ganna try the RP-HJE900s not because their better than my $14 buds but because there different and im wondering how many of you try and do something different. I've always been one that doesn't follow the crowd and I like to try new things. I was the only one sporting a D2 at my high school while everyone with Ipods looked at me like I was some kind of heretic
biggrin.gif
. So id like to ask is there anything you have tried or used that was different from the crowd and If so id like to hear.

Aug 18, 2008 at 6:03 PM Post #3 of 11
I put 0.5mm lead in 0.7mm spec’ed mechanical pencils, but I’m really crazy like that.

Bubba, you can strap Magnepans to your head, tote monoblocks and a turntable in a rucksack, power the whole rig with a stack of car batteries you pull in red wagon, and do it all while wearing swaddling cloths. T’is a free world. Do as you please. Just don’t fall into the trap, believing that you’re brilliant or better because you do.

Aug 18, 2008 at 6:33 PM Post #4 of 11
There's a back-to-school sale on the PK3's right now. If you like earbuds, those might be the ticket. Koss KSC-75's are always a good choice, too. I was weird in high school... I used IEM's (Shure E2c's), other people used either the stock buds or the cheap Sony MDR-V150-style crap-phones/Coby bass-explosion models.

I think you should be able to find some used Shure E2's for a decent price at this point, and while they're a little underwhelming in the treble range, they're really not bad at all, and serve their purpose well.

Aug 18, 2008 at 7:51 PM Post #5 of 11
In regards to headphone equipment, I find following the crowd (the one that mirrors your specific needs/preferences) is a safe bet, more often than not. I no longer have that elitist "I must be different" attitude regarding electronics because well... it's electronics. If you need a toy to differentiate yourself from others, that's a not a good sign.

Aug 18, 2008 at 9:06 PM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you need a toy to differentiate yourself from others, that's a not a good sign.

Fine, then I'm throwing away my Kirosia doll with detachable limbs. Take that.

Aug 18, 2008 at 9:32 PM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blitzula /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Fine, then I'm throwing away my Kirosia doll with detachable limbs. Take that.

And give up the joy of those coming weeks, when you can return home from a hard day's work and pretend to beat me to death with my own arms?

Aug 18, 2008 at 9:57 PM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And give up the joy of those coming weeks, when you can return home from a hard day's work and pretend to beat me to death with my own arms?

hmmm....good point...: ).

Aug 19, 2008 at 12:52 AM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Samgotit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I put 0.5mm lead in 0.7mm spec’ed mechanical pencils, but I’m really crazy like that.

Bubba, you can strap Magnepans to your head, tote monoblocks and a turntable in a rucksack, power the whole rig with a stack of car batteries you pull in red wagon, and do it all while wearing swaddling cloths. T’is a free world. Do as you please. Just don’t fall into the trap, believing that you’re brilliant or better because you do.

I would love to add that to my sig and in every way you are right
biggrin.gif

Aug 19, 2008 at 2:25 AM Post #10 of 11
both.

there is often general wisdom in consensus, but sometimes the crowd holds a general bias - and in the latter case, the crowd needs to be ignored.

Aug 19, 2008 at 3:11 AM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
both.

there is often general wisdom in consensus, but sometimes the crowd holds a general bias - and in the latter case, the crowd needs to be ignored.

Wise words I appreciate the advice

Users who are viewing this thread

Back