Focusrite scarlet 2i2 (2nd gen) speaker Recommendation
Aug 5, 2019 at 1:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

RikudouGoku

Member of the Trade: RikuBuds
Aug 10, 2019 at 9:00 AM Post #2 of 11
Those are "balanced" connections on the Focusrite, which are used on studio monitor speakers. They all are supposed to sound neutral, so no bumps in bass or treble etc. Go listen to the monitor speakers first because they sound different than normal hifi speakers.

The Swan speakerset does not seem to blanced connections, but normal RCA connections.

Aug 10, 2019 at 9:29 AM Post #3 of 11
Those are "balanced" connections on the Focusrite, which are used on studio monitor speakers. They all are supposed to sound neutral, so no bumps in bass or treble etc. Go listen to the monitor speakers first because they sound different than normal hifi speakers.

The Swan speakerset does not seem to blanced connections, but normal RCA connections.
Any recommendations on speakers that can be used with the focusrite?

Aug 10, 2019 at 9:36 AM Post #4 of 11
Any recommendations on speakers that can be used with the focusrite?
Or

Or maybe a new sound card or dac/amp would be better for him? Like the fiio e10k?

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2019 at 10:44 PM Post #5 of 11

So far I'm not finding any info that says the line-output (1/4") jacks on the 2i2 are balanced outputs?

Aug 14, 2019 at 10:45 PM Post #6 of 11
Aug 14, 2019 at 10:47 PM Post #7 of 11
Or

Or maybe a new sound card or dac/amp would be better for him? Like the fiio e10k?
Your friend is better off spending his audio budget towards the studio monitors and plugging them into the 2i2.

Aug 15, 2019 at 12:28 PM Post #9 of 11
Check out the Monoprice 5" studio monitors (I like them).
https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=605500
Both of us have no experience with 2.0 speakers. As I have the Swan M10 2.1 speakers, Doesnt the lack of a subwoofer reduce the bass quite a lot? And I should say that he will mostly use the speakers for Gaming (not Fps), Music and Movies. So he is not a producer.

Aug 15, 2019 at 4:35 PM Post #10 of 11
Well, they are balanced. I wasn't able this information on the official site either, but you can find it on amazon for example.
I checked the Amazon site, it only lists the 2i2 as having balanced inputs, nothing about the line-outputs being balanced.
If Focusrite, on their own website, does not list the 2i2 as having balanced line-outputs, I'm assuming it's line-outputs are unbalanced,

Aug 15, 2019 at 4:41 PM Post #11 of 11
I checked the Amazon site, it only lists the 2i2 as having balanced inputs, nothing about the line-outputs being balanced.
If Focusrite, on their own website, does not list the 2i2 as having balanced line-outputs, I'm assuming it's line-outputs are unbalanced,

Edit, just found the manual, does list as the 2i2 line-output will work with both TRS 1/4' for balanced and TS 1/4" for unbalanced plugs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back