mat1983

New Head-Fier
hello guys!

I really need some help here.

I don´t know what sound system i will buy. i am divided by those two:

FOCAL XS

and

Creative Gigaworks T3 2.1

And the only reason is money difference cause the Focals XS worth about 500 dollars and the Creative 200 Dollars.

My big question for the Pro´s:

The focals worth the 300 dollars difference. Are they a great sound system?

please help me what do you choose?

many thanks

Jul 26, 2010 at 11:57 AM Post #2 of 14
With that type of budget why not go with a set of bookshelf speakers a dedicated amplifier?
There are many great sounding bookshelf speakers out there in your price range and the desktop amplifiers are getting better everyday.
For an amplifier I would recommend a Tweak City Gizmo as it has a subwoofer output also so you can add in a subwoofer if you want.

If you are set on those speakers, I would suggest possibly auditioning both sets if you can as this may help make up your mind.

Jul 26, 2010 at 12:30 PM Post #3 of 14
Robscix i can´t auditioning both sets cause i have to bought hem online i can´t hear them thats why i am asking form people who as hear them whats the experience, and the focal xs worth the difference!

my target is a desktop system

MAny thanks for all

Jul 26, 2010 at 8:32 PM Post #4 of 14

Quote:
Robscix i can´t auditioning both sets cause i have to bought hem online i can´t hear them thats why i am asking form people who as hear them whats the experience, and the focal xs worth the difference!

my target is a desktop system

MAny thanks for all

What I recommended is small enough for a desktop.

Jul 26, 2010 at 9:04 PM Post #5 of 14
Audioengine A2's are a great set of desktop speakers, i have auditioned the T3's and prefer the A2s over it. Haven't heard the Focal XS though.

Heard Swans make some good bookshelf speakers as well.

Jul 26, 2010 at 10:59 PM Post #9 of 14
Yes, I have. They can be auditioned at an apple store near by and buy from Amazon for $450 something. I've seen a used set go for $400.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darknessproz

Yes, but they cost twice as much

Twice the performance, impact, and overall use.

Jul 26, 2010 at 11:41 PM Post #10 of 14
Loveholic i live in Portugal, here they cost 500 euros!

thats my big doubt in your opinion they worth that money, they got a good quality?

did you have listen to the creatives T3?

many thanks for your help

Jul 26, 2010 at 11:58 PM Post #11 of 14
I'm not sure if I can recommend the focal at that price even though the MSRP is $600 iirc. All I can tell is that these are some of the best 2.1 PC speakers I've tried along with the Klipsch ifi.
No, I have not tried the T3, but looking at it reminds me of one of those Logitech multimedia speakers. One way satellite speakers as opposed to two drivers used on the focal satellites.

Sep 22, 2010 at 10:00 PM Post #14 of 14
From what I've heard the B&W MM1s are ment for low volume listening.  
I have had Focal components in my car before and they sounded very nice and clear even with out an amp running it.  When I ran it with an amp it just pushed them that much more with what it could already could do.  
P.S.  I am also looking into the XS 
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back