Focal Stellia - What do you think?
Apr 7, 2019 at 3:53 PM Post #26 of 34
I thought the Stellia sounded terrible. :upside_down:
Different strokes for different folks but to call the terrible? On the other hand the Sony MDRZ1 sounded veiled and too bass driven and dark for me. The Focal in my opinion smokes them.

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2019 at 1:17 AM Post #27 of 34
So, I was just poking around the internet looking for the Meze Empyrean, and by chance came to Moon Audio, and saw a note on the Focal Stellia:

https://www.moon-audio.com/focal-st...6j7mTbIjDyTmEqsErUqNtU_yGNtO05b1jILTBsQvif3DQ

So, Focal seems to do a lot right at this moment. Great choice of connectors (3.5mm), great choice of cables, and probably great sound.

But the color. Really folks, did you not learn from B&H P9? Light Brown is just ...... not a good color choice for headphones. But let's see them in real life.

Will my favorite Utopias be dethroned?
I recently bought them. They are amazing. The build quality is top-notch. Top grade leather is used for the headband and earpads. They are very comfortable as well for long learning sessions. There is nothing to compare with B & W P9. Those are really uncomfortable after half an hour of using. Stellia looks a lot better, the craftsmanship is outstanding.

Dec 16, 2019 at 1:35 AM Post #28 of 34
Hi,
I recently bought them. They are amazing. The build quality is top-notch. Top grade leather is used for the headband and earpads. They are very comfortable as well for long learning sessions. There is nothing to compare with B & W P9. Those are really uncomfortable after half an hour of using. Stellia looks a lot better, the craftsmanship is outstanding.

Ha, that post was from when they were released more than a year ago. I disliked the color in the pictures. But indeed, they do look fantastic in real life. I own them myself now :)

Dec 16, 2019 at 2:16 AM Post #29 of 34
LOL. Thanks for your response. Good to know. I bought them last Thanksgiving on a deal with Arche. It's the best-closed back headphone I ever owned. My previous best was Fostex Th-900 MK2. But they don't hold a candle in front of Stellia. Specially in mid-range, treble and overall sound signature. I'm now selling my TH-900 MK2. Focal nailed it with Stellia !!!

Dec 16, 2019 at 8:51 AM Post #30 of 34
Yes, indeed. I am now selling my utopias which is much, much harder (for me, at least). They are technically better than the Stellia, but i cannot justify owning both. If you want a more detailed comparison, I posted this in the “official” Stellia Thread. Enjoy :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back