Focal Spirit Pro sound signature
Apr 26, 2015 at 7:55 AM Post #2 of 5
The FSP is my favorite headphone at the time of this writing. I like it more than many more expensive headphones!

I know the NAD VISO HP50 has similar measurements, but I haven't heard it.

Since you're asking for alternatives, did you find something wrong with the FSP?

Apr 26, 2015 at 3:45 PM Post #3 of 5
  The FSP is my favorite headphone at the time of this writing. I like it more than many more expensive headphones!

Since you're asking for alternatives, did you find something wrong with the FSP?

The only thing that people really seem to find wrong with the FSP is long term durability (cracking poorly designed headband with cheap materials), and the fact that it's made to be a disposable headphone with glued on ear pads. The driver defects that seem to happen occasionally that ruins the sound is another red flag.

With Focal's typical pricing on most of their products I'm pretty sure $350 is quite disposable to their regular clientele. Heck that would be just the tax for a lot of their products.

People who want a long term investment out of their headphone purchase are wise to stay clear of this particular model IMHO.

Apr 26, 2015 at 9:49 PM Post #4 of 5

Yeah, but you got rid of it. (I have to bust your chops on that). :D

+1

I HAVE heard the HP50s, but not the FSPs. But based on measurements, I agree. Seems like they would be similar in sonic class in terms of type of frequency response.

Apr 26, 2015 at 11:17 PM Post #5 of 5
Yeah, but you got rid of it. (I have to bust your chops on that).
biggrin.gif

ehehe. I actually had the chance to get an HD 800 (a $1,500 headphone) for $400 (since it's not in the best condition), but since I am moving in a few days, I have to make sure my living expenses are covered and missed out. Anyway, I expect the FSP to be totally outclassed by at least a few summit-fi headphones. ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back