Focal Spirit One/Pro/Classic compatible replacement cable?
Oct 4, 2015 at 4:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

oknidius

100+ Head-Fier
Greetings!

I'm looking for replacement a cable which is compatible with the Focal Spirit line of headphones. Preferably not one made by Focal!

Any recommendations? 

As great as the Focal headphones sound, they all suffer from major quality control problems (fragile hinges, creaking and popping sounds, random stuff coming off...)

So far, the cables have been the worst annoyance. 
- one cable jack came apart (came with a Focal Spirit One)
- one cable jack bends like (I slightly exaggerate for dramatic effect, but not too much) aluminum foil (that one came from a Focal Spirit One S)
- two cables became gummy and elastic along the middle and inevitably ceased working (one came from a Focal Spirit Professional; the other from a Focal Spirit Classic)

The coiled cable from the Professional is decent enough, but way too heavy and cumbersome for portable use. 

I'm looking to buy one online. I went through local shops and couldn't find any cables that fit. The connector on the headphones is either too deep & narrow for most 3.5mm cables I found.
V-Moda's cable fits, but the microphonics on that are too loud, especially with the standard Montreal winter only a few weeks away.

Any ideas? 
Thanks in advance!
Dinko

Mar 10, 2016 at 8:36 AM Post #3 of 9
Fisual S-Flex Mini cables fit perfectly. Thin flexible tangle free but good quality, Come in 1m, 1.5,  2, 3 and 5m lengths

Available from Audiovisual Online in the UK or throughout Europe via Amazon

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fisual-S-Flex-Mini-3-5mm-Cable/dp/B00B3VTMU4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1457616401&sr=8-2&keywords=fisual+s+flex

http://www.amazon.de/Fisual-S-Flex-Mini-3-5mm-Cable/dp/B00B3VS9X0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1457616648&sr=8-2&keywords=fisual

I use the 1.5m with my Classics. Highly recommend
  Greetings!

I'm looking for replacement a cable which is compatible with the Focal Spirit line of headphones. Preferably not one made by Focal!

Any recommendations? 

As great as the Focal headphones sound, they all suffer from major quality control problems (fragile hinges, creaking and popping sounds, random stuff coming off...)

- one cable jack bends like (I slightly exaggerate for dramatic effect, but not too much) aluminum foil (that one came from a Focal Spirit One S)
- two cables became gummy and elastic along the middle and inevitably ceased working (one came from a Focal Spirit Professional; the other from a Focal Spirit Classic)

The coiled cable from the Professional is decent enough, but way too heavy and cumbersome for portable use. 

I'm looking to buy one online. I went through local shops and couldn't find any cables that fit. The connector on the headphones is either too deep & narrow for most 3.5mm cables I found.
V-Moda's cable fits, but the microphonics on that are too loud, especially with the standard Montreal winter only a few weeks away.

Any ideas? 
Thanks in advance!
Dinko

Mar 10, 2016 at 9:02 AM Post #4 of 9
As far as the hinges are concerned i did have a problem with my original Classics. These were replaced by focal and the new ones are redesigned with less thin plastic around the joints and should be sturdy 

Great service from Focal and wonderful sounding headphones made perfect.

Mar 11, 2016 at 5:48 AM Post #5 of 9
   Montreal winter only a few weeks away.

Sorry i'm an idiot or blind or both. 

Missed the fact that you are in Canada. Got it in my head you were in Europe for some reason. The Fisual cables only seem to be available this side of the Atlantic so not very helpful !

Mar 16, 2017 at 10:11 PM Post #7 of 9
I just got 

1.5m    WireWorld Nano-Eclipse Headphone Cable
- Source End [Upstream] 1/8" Stereo Plug
Oppo PM3/PSB-M4U2

From theCableco.com 

The specially fitted the headphone plug 

I wish I had done this a long time ago - what a difference - even more detail 

Nov 24, 2023 at 10:51 PM Post #9 of 9
Greetings!

Any recommendations?

Any ideas on https://mayflowerva.com/?
Thanks in advance!
Dinko
After 18 months of mild use the Focal Spirit Pro head band is cracking. I noticed it wasn't fitting as tightly on one side - the bottom of the right headphone was off my ear compared to the left side sitting snuggle against my ear. Took a minute to notice the band crack.

I'm out of warranty.

The thing is, I shut down my studio for about 8 months in the middle of owning them. I go easy on all my gear and I've never broken a set of phones. I've had some sets for over 10 years. I consider the Focals a defective product and I wanted to warn my fellow forum readers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back