Focal meets Hifiman
Jan 28, 2023 at 10:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Mhog55

Headphoneus Supremus
A headphone that combines the dynamic, note weight of a Focal, Kennerton, etc, with the height, width, and depth of a Hifiman egg? Haven't found such a thing myself, but don't purchase TOTL headphones. I'll probably regret asking this question, because I haven't been able to bring myself to spend over a grand, and I'm sure that's where this thread will take me.

Jan 28, 2023 at 10:56 PM Post #3 of 10
I feel like this is the sound of the older Hifimans.

Jan 28, 2023 at 11:45 PM Post #6 of 10
A headphone that combines the dynamic, note weight of a Focal, Kennerton, etc, with the height, width, and depth of a Hifiman egg? Haven't found such a thing myself, but don't purchase TOTL headphones. I'll probably regret asking this question, because I haven't been able to bring myself to spend over a grand, and I'm sure that's where this thread will take me.
None currently and none in the foreseeable future. For 0 compromise go 2 channel. If you are willing to make minor compromises, X9000 will get you soundstage + a good amount of the weight and dynamics of Focal; Pulsar will get you dynamic and weight of Focal with a very good quality soundstage (not stax level obviously).

For what you need to spend on the cans and associated equipment, you can get a very good 2 channel that will be better than both options.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back