Focal Listen Professionals sounding terrible? (w/ Sonarworks & mixing)
Mar 28, 2024 at 12:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

audiophilehelp

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I haven’t found much comparing these two, but I am wondering if anyone here has had experience with both.

NOTE: I am using Sonarworks with these headphones for mixing!

I sold my DT770s and went and bought the Focals recently and was shocked at the difference, though not sure in a positive way. Compared to the DT770s, it sounded much smaller, like M50x’s but a little bigger than that. With the DT770s I could feel the bass and it even shook the headphones if I turned it up loud enough. But with the Focals, it had basically the same feel and sound as my M50x’s. DT770’s sounded massive and separation was pretty nice.

I’m not sure if my Focals are defective or this is to be expected. Mixes with the Focals did translate really well to my other devices and earpods.

Did anyone have a similar experience?

Apr 2, 2024 at 1:45 PM Post #2 of 2
not much in america from any studio i've been in.. and i've been in dozens. nobody here uses them. maybe they dont know about them, or there's just better options.. i'm not a fan of the 50x in the studio but they're probably the most popular for monitoring (not mixing)..followed by 280 Pro's. the DT770s are fairly seen, especially with producers.. but for mixing its like 99% Yamaha and KRK monitors, and DT990's, AKG's or Shures for headphones... and i've seen a few ppl with Audeze LCD variants..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back