Focal Elear in stock and a loaner program!
Oct 1, 2016 at 9:25 PM Post #16 of 88
Kind of bummed I didn't see this sooner.  But I already got to participate in the HE-1000 loaner awhile back, so I guess I shouldn't be a review hog.   I've really been curious about the Elear, since some are saying it's a natural successor (sound wise) to the HD-650.  Looking forward to the reviews.

Oct 3, 2016 at 7:35 PM Post #17 of 88
OH well.  I was away for the week and missed this.  I'm trying to figure out which one to get in this price range.  I'll probably just go the local dealer to check them out.  Great idea though.  I'll keep looking for others if I'm still in the market.  Thanks. :) 

Oct 5, 2016 at 3:01 PM Post #18 of 88
Hi All,

The Elear is shipping out today. So starts the loaner program. Have fun. I am sorry that I have to limit the number of participants. Those of you who were not able to get in on it, I may do an additional loaner program once this one is complete. So keep an eye out for it and if you are still interested in a few months, I will do this again.

Anyway, to those who are signed up, enjoy! AND we have plenty of the Elear in stock so order your now from TTVJAudio.com!!!

Todd

Oct 5, 2016 at 4:15 PM Post #19 of 88
  Hi All,

The Elear is shipping out today. So starts the loaner program. Have fun. I am sorry that I have to limit the number of participants. Those of you who were not able to get in on it, I may do an additional loaner program once this one is complete. So keep an eye out for it and if you are still interested in a few months, I will do this again.

Anyway, to those who are signed up, enjoy! AND we have plenty of the Elear in stock so order your now from TTVJAudio.com!!!

Todd

Thank you for the opportunity. I'm hoping i truly like them. I been on these like a hawk since they we're announced. I will definitely hand you my business :) Only fair right !  Plus this will be the very first open can i try... so the excitement is at an all time high.

Oct 24, 2016 at 11:46 AM Post #22 of 88
HI All,

The Elear is on its way to loaner participant #2. I am looking into adding another headphone so there will be 2 of them. This is a definate maybe but I am trying to arrange it.

We have the Elear in stock and ready to ship. Give us a call or order online and we will get one to you! This is a great headphone and a great deal at $999!

Todd

Oct 24, 2016 at 4:08 PM Post #23 of 88
  HI All,

The Elear is on its way to loaner participant #2. I am looking into adding another headphone so there will be 2 of them. This is a definate maybe but I am trying to arrange it.

We have the Elear in stock and ready to ship. Give us a call or order online and we will get one to you! This is a great headphone and a great deal at $999!

Todd

Todd, This is in no way a complaint or anything. But how many days are we auditioning the headphones for ? Since you have shipped them its been a long while before they started heading towards applicant #2. I'm just curious, My timing may be a little off. 

Oct 25, 2016 at 11:48 AM Post #24 of 88
Hi All,

The time you have with the Elear is 1 week (7 days) and then it must be shipped to the next loaner participant. Unfortunately the last shipment took 4 days for the recipient to get the headphones from Fed Ex once they arrived in his town. These delays hurt everyone who has signed up so when I email you and ask if you are ready to get the headphones, please be prepared to receive them, listen for a week and ship them off promptly.

Have fun with the Elear and I look forward to all of your opinions on them in this thread.

Todd

Oct 25, 2016 at 1:14 PM Post #25 of 88
  Hi All,

The time you have with the Elear is 1 week (7 days) and then it must be shipped to the next loaner participant. Unfortunately the last shipment took 4 days for the recipient to get the headphones from Fed Ex once they arrived in his town. These delays hurt everyone who has signed up so when I email you and ask if you are ready to get the headphones, please be prepared to receive them, listen for a week and ship them off promptly.

Have fun with the Elear and I look forward to all of your opinions on them in this thread.

Todd

Thanks for the update Todd. I'm still as excited to give these a whirl as i ever been. My first listen to a pair of open back cans. So honestly,  I don't know what i'm expecting. 

Oct 27, 2016 at 3:32 PM Post #28 of 88
Hello everyone. 

I have just finished my week of evaluation.  Tomorrow the ELEAR goes to the next person on the list!  I am in process of writing me review.

Let me just say very quickly, that I am very sad to send these on!  If one word could surmise these headphones, it is MUSICAL. 

I can just listen to these endlessly, without any kind of ear fatigue setting in.  I really don't feel like doing technical evaluations, I am just enjoying the music so much!!! 

They are not perfect, though.  But at their price point, I think what one can expect for 10 bills has taken a step up.  Other headphone makers, specifically those that make dynamic headphones, need to step up their game, I think.  This is probably indeed one of these industry shifting products that redefines our expectations. 

So again, my biggest impression of these is the musicality.  As well as the very high resolution!!!!  Now, I don't mean bright.  No, not at all.  There is no excessive brightness.  But the actual, real resolution is just stunning.  Which means they create as realistic a soundstage as I have ever heard from a pair of headphones to this point. 

OK... I need to get cracking on the official review!!!!!!  Stay patient :) 

Oct 27, 2016 at 3:36 PM Post #29 of 88
  Hi All,

Todd

I must say, my apologies for the delay.  But, I never received any tracking info or really any info other than to expect the headphones sometime in the next week, until after the first few attempted deliveries when I was finally given a tracking number.  I receive sometimes dozens of packages a week, so I really had no idea what I was missing.  I did offer to shorten my review period to keep on track.  :)  Next person will get the headphones via expedited shipping. 

Thanks again for the chance to audition!  Review coming shortly...

Oct 27, 2016 at 5:16 PM Post #30 of 88
I'm sorry work has been killing me. By Monday I promise. I have a ton of notes. They just need to come together into cohesive thoughts.

OK... I need to get cracking on the official review!!!!!!  Stay patient :) 

Looking forward to it. Please also mention the gear you're driving them with, and the headphones you had on hand for comparison, if any.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back