Focal Clear Magnesium (New non Pro-Version)
Mar 9, 2021 at 7:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 85

Daiyama

500+ Head-Fier
FocalClearMGc-595x684.png

It looks like they are going to hit the stores in Europe in one or two weeks.
More pics on a Czech Website: Czech Store

Mar 9, 2021 at 9:57 AM Post #3 of 85
I would suspect same as with the previous clear. Carrying case and two cables.

I am not sure if I like the colour. It is more whiskey and cigar style rather then technical as the predecessor.

Mar 9, 2021 at 10:02 AM Post #4 of 85
I would suspect same as with the previous clear. Carrying case and two cables.

I am not sure if I like the colour. It is more whiskey and cigar style rather then technical as the predecessor.
I agree. I don't like the colour at all.

First impressions of the MG Pro are not good with most people preferring the original.

Wonder if these follow suit or have a different signature.

Mar 9, 2021 at 10:54 AM Post #5 of 85
Will see. If the Clear MG is tuned like the pro version, more linear, I might like it. Sometimes the small bump in the 1.5 kHZ region of the Clear is a bit too much for me.

Mar 9, 2021 at 1:15 PM Post #6 of 85
I've a Celestee on order and now this comes out? I hope we get some reviews fast...

So is this a replacement for the Clear like the Celestee is a replacement for the Elegia?

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2021 at 1:49 PM Post #7 of 85
Celestee is a closed back headphone. One buys only a closed back because it is required (noisy environment or one does not want to disturb others). If you do not have these requirements, an open back is the better option. Also the new Clear is an open back, so it is not a real alternative to the Celestee.

Mar 9, 2021 at 3:43 PM Post #8 of 85
I agree. I don't like the colour at all.

First impressions of the MG Pro are not good with most people preferring the original.

Wonder if these follow suit or have a different signature.

Do you have a link to these impressions, as I have not seen them?
Thx.

Mar 9, 2021 at 3:44 PM Post #9 of 85
Wow. Not a fan of this new look. Too much of a"bling" look to them. Those screens look bad in my opinion. It might have looked better with the original's screen, with the pin holes, maybe. But it totally lost the clean and refined look of the originals. I've been thinking about picking up a pair of Clears recently; now I may be in for a used pair if this new version doesn't sound good.

Mar 9, 2021 at 4:10 PM Post #11 of 85
Yep, design is now more inline with the Stellia and Utopia.
Colour maybe also strange on these marketing photos.
In this MG Pro Video at 2:00 min the colour looks much brighter, a little bit more silver than brown.

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2021 at 9:51 PM Post #14 of 85
Celestee is a closed back headphone. One buys only a closed back because it is required (noisy environment or one does not want to disturb others). If you do not have these requirements, an open back is the better option. Also the new Clear is an open back, so it is not a real alternative to the Celestee.
Disagree. Many people, myself included, just prefer closed backs. Open backs always leave me wanting more in terms of bass impact. Bass impact is one of the most important headphone attributes when it comes to enjoyment for me personally.

Mar 10, 2021 at 12:04 AM Post #15 of 85
Ok, then also for these people the open back Clear MG is not an option to the closed back Celestee.
All I wanted to say is, if someone has decided to buy a closed back headphone, he should not second guess because a new (may be similar) open back head phone is coming out.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back