Focal Bathys DAC issue
Mar 15, 2023 at 11:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

rmalizia22

New Head-Fier
Hi guys. I am having trouble getting the DAC mode to work. I am using the USB-C cable provided and connecting to my MacBook but no sound comes out. Device works fine on bluetooth and headphone jack modes however. Am I missing something here or likely a defective product? Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Mar 15, 2023 at 11:56 AM Post #2 of 5
Mar 23, 2023 at 7:45 PM Post #4 of 5
Hi guys. I am having trouble getting the DAC mode to work. I am using the USB-C cable provided and connecting to my MacBook but no sound comes out. Device works fine on bluetooth and headphone jack modes however. Am I missing something here or likely a defective product? Any help is appreciated. Thanks
You definitely have to select the sound output option on your Mac, but if you already know that, I have noticed on my bathys that they don't like to work in DAC mode unless I connect the cable to the Bathys and source with the bathys off, and only after connecting everything, switch on to DAC mode. When the DAC mode detects an input you'll get a "bing bong" sound in the Bathys to notify you.

Jul 18, 2023 at 7:03 PM Post #5 of 5
You definitely have to select the sound output option on your Mac, but if you already know that, I have noticed on my bathys that they don't like to work in DAC mode unless I connect the cable to the Bathys and source with the bathys off, and only after connecting everything, switch on to DAC mode. When the DAC mode detects an input you'll get a "bing bong" sound in the Bathys to notify you.
This is good to know, thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back