Foam tips for Ultimate Ears SF 5 pro
Aug 13, 2008 at 7:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

jaxxx

New Head-Fier
Is there anyone out there who can tell the difference in sound quality while using the newly designed foam tips by Comply vs. the old tips that UE used to ship with their earphones?? The craftsmanship of the older ones arent as solid, but they are bigger and fit deeper into the ear canal. I used to get really deep bass tones and an AMAZING overall sound. Just bought the new ones and found that now the sound lacks bass and is really "tinny". And...they dont block out outside sounds like the other ones. Both companies offer outstanding customer service and they were beyond helpful. . being that these are the only foam tips that fit my UE's. . can anyone recommend an alternative or some kind of modification??? i LOVE my UE's. . but these new tips arent working for me. help!! ; )

Aug 13, 2008 at 9:23 PM Post #2 of 5
You could try Etymotic ER-6 foams -they fit UE. Sound pretty good & offer superb isolation.

I found the Complys to be a little on the small size, but I probably have caverns for ear canals...sounds from yr description like a poor seal occasioned by an ill-fitting tip.

Another option is a modded Shure olive (black foam) - recored with the UE foam core (the one that just drops out, lol).

Aug 15, 2008 at 3:49 PM Post #3 of 5
Thanks a bunch for the input! do u recommend the 14f's ,14c's, 14a's? i would guess the 14f or c's as they are a bit larger and would provide a better seal. pls let me know and i will order them asap

Aug 15, 2008 at 4:10 PM Post #4 of 5
The ones I've used are 14F. I'd guess the 14C would be good if your ear canals are huge, but IME the F fit really nicely....good luck!

Aug 15, 2008 at 4:16 PM Post #5 of 5
You could try Shure E2C tips...I have a fit kit by them over in the for sale forum. They work pretty well, and you have 3 sizes to choose from.

Brendan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back