Foam, Flex or Triple Flange?
Jul 21, 2005 at 1:27 AM Post #5 of 18
I just got the E4 a few days ago and the tri-flange tips work best, soundwise for me. I had a very difficult time getting used to those type of tips when I first started using them with my first canalphone, the ER-6i, but now I find them the most comfortable and the best sound wise. On the E4 the sound fills out very nicely, and the recessed bass gains some extra oomph. It also smooths out the highs, which, strangely enough, I initially found to be more shrill and grating then on the ER-4P.

Jul 21, 2005 at 2:00 AM Post #6 of 18
I found that I get the best isolation & comfort with the foam one in my left ear and the clear, soft flex unit in my right ear.

The triflanges provide the best soundstage to these here ears!

Jul 21, 2005 at 3:45 AM Post #9 of 18
The tri-flanges are useless until you trim them down considerably.

Cut off the smallest flange and trim the stalk down to the shortest length.

The flex sleeves were useless for me, bad seal, bad sound.

Jul 21, 2005 at 5:14 AM Post #12 of 18
ultraflex?

Jul 21, 2005 at 5:33 AM Post #13 of 18
I tried using the Tri-Flanges first with my E3C and I felt like my ear canal was going to explode.. No way I could get used to that feeling.. Then tried the foamies and while there was some initial discomfort, these seal better than any of the others I tried. Hands down. Lot more comfortable too..

JD

Jul 21, 2005 at 6:14 AM Post #14 of 18
Foamies, excellent comfort, excellent bass.

Tri-flange was comfortable when trimmed at the stork, but still too long and the tube dulled the sound. Plus they were touching my brain!

Jul 21, 2005 at 6:19 AM Post #15 of 18
Foamies are the best. Once they get dirty, just wash them with water and soap and they're good as new.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back