Fm Transmiter advice
Nov 17, 2003 at 11:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Willchilton

New Head-Fier
Hello, I am a teenager with an iPod and I want to hook my iPod up to car stereos easily. I am looking into FM transmiters because it seems like they can work on just about any car, but I have read no reviews on any that are particuatly great. If anyone could recommend me to one or help me figure out another solution to rig up my ipod to a car stereo easily (cars that don't have cassette players) that would be fantastic.

Nov 18, 2003 at 3:11 AM Post #2 of 4
I've heard that the Griffin iTrip is a pretty good FM transmitter. It is able to play throughpretty much any station. Another plus is that it doesn't need batteries. Second choice would be the Belkin version, but it is a little bulkier and uses batteries.

the iTrip website is http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/itrip/#

A more hi-fi solution would be to to have a stereo RCA to 1/8" cable and attach it to the aux input of the head unit. This will definitely sound better than a fm transmitter or a tape, but not all Head units have an extra aux input, and it has to be done to each car stereo that you want to use it with. It is also pretty much permanent.

It sounds like you want to use multiple car stereos, so I would reccomend the FM transmitter.

By the way, welcome to Head-Fi, and sorry about your wallet[

Nov 18, 2003 at 4:24 AM Post #3 of 4
Welcome to head-fi!

I have the Belkin transmitter, but only because the cooler Griffin iTrip wasn't available at the time. I'd definitely get the iTrip now.

As for sound quality, I think it's excellent. Definitely good enough for most car speakers, unless you have some kind of hi-fi fetish in your automobile too.

--Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back