Flyzoom.com - Has anyone taken a flight with flyzoom airlines?
Sep 18, 2005 at 9:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7
I am planning on going to Scotland this autumn and was looking at airline ticket prices online. This one place, flyzoom.com, has really amazing prices, and I was wondering if anyone here has ever had any experience with them, or heard good or bad things about them? I would just like any feedback about them I can get, cause it seems like there has to be a catch or something when their prices are suspiciously low. Like buying a beautiful house only to find it was a murder mansion years before and now carries a curse. Hehe.

Thanks!

Sep 20, 2005 at 6:05 AM Post #3 of 7
Never heard of them... be wary...
rolleyes.gif

Sep 12, 2006 at 8:37 AM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by sapphiremodena
I am planning on going to Scotland this autumn and was looking at airline ticket prices online. This one place, flyzoom.com, has really amazing prices, and I was wondering if anyone here has ever had any experience with them, or heard good or bad things about them? I would just like any feedback about them I can get, cause it seems like there has to be a catch or something when their prices are suspiciously low. Like buying a beautiful house only to find it was a murder mansion years before and now carries a curse. Hehe.

Thanks!

It does sound too good to be true!
I am looking to visit Vancouver again from the UK and the prices do look brill. I must say.

I would realy like to hear from anyone who has used FLYZOOM please?!?!,

Rockin'

Sep 12, 2006 at 8:57 AM Post #5 of 7
Well, funny this post should come up when I happen to visit Head-Fi again
smily_headphones1.gif

I actually did end up flying from Vancouver to Scotland, and back, my total bill for the return flight, after tax and cancellation insurance came to $699.55 canadian, and the flight went well. Granted, I have nothing to compare them to, except for crappy-ass RyanAir (super-discount airlines within Europe - 2 return flights tickets for Scotland to Germany came to $105 canadian all together after tax) I found it a good experience with friendly staff and everything. I'm sure flying with a more expensive airline would probably provide you with slightly better seats, and a bit more comfort/luxuries etc, but they are also like 50% more expensive. Having taken them, I would definitely take them again if the opportunity arises. However, having nothing to compare them to, I can't give my opinion on whether I recommend it over other airlines or not, but just that I had a good experience, nice staff, fairly smooth landings, and all at a price that was very easy on the wallet. And that's coming from someone who generally doesn't mind spending extra on quality, so it's not like saving a few bucks is top priority and colours my opinions of the airline. Hope that helps.

[edit:] Just wanted to note that my $699.55 total was when the tickets were advertised at "$199 each way", after adding all those extra charges and fees and also after cancellation protection (which was about $30 or 40) and after gst and pst, it was $699.55. Their prices are not *always* that low, but they quite often have $199 sales so keep an eye open for those.

Sep 21, 2006 at 12:38 PM Post #6 of 7
My wife and I have just used then for a holiday in Canada and they were really good, with their fares about half the normal for the route we chose. We would recommend them. The other airline we have used in the past is Thomas Cook airlines (bookable through Candian Affair) who are about the same price as Zoom.

Sep 21, 2006 at 1:40 PM Post #7 of 7
Also Air Transat out of Gatwick is another good (cheap!) option
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back