FLUX Mentor Class-A dual-mono headphone amplifier.
Dec 2, 2023 at 5:28 PM Post #17 of 875
the remote volume control for $50 is such a nice feature, adding a pre-amp for that function can be so costly

Dec 3, 2023 at 2:52 PM Post #18 of 875
looks good, but with import tax i will be priced out.
still considering the FA-12 balanced though

Dec 3, 2023 at 4:11 PM Post #19 of 875
looks good, but with import tax i will be priced out.
still considering the FA-12 balanced though
I can see that you are located in UK so can't avoid tax but for all other people living in EU, they must know that the new products are going to ship from a warehouse in Poland so no import fees.

Dec 4, 2023 at 4:39 AM Post #20 of 875
hard to see any benefit from brexit

Dec 22, 2023 at 1:41 AM Post #22 of 875
Santa is delayed...
Screenshot_2023-12-22-08-40-52-669_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg

Dec 22, 2023 at 3:25 PM Post #25 of 875
I had inquired Flux about it, they seem to still consider the Volot a superior device compared to a dual Mentor setup.

Dec 22, 2023 at 4:48 PM Post #26 of 875
You know, I wondered about this question recently too, but the response from the guys on Facebook didn't seem all that unequivocal to me. Here is part of a quote from their response

"The Volot and Mentor amplifiers are similar in many ways. But their signature is slightly different. The Volot has a warmer midrange and a slightly rounder top end. The Mentor sounds more monitory, in a good way. We wanted to create an amp with a holographic, layered sound, without falling into complete analysis. In other words, it sounds extremely clean and precise, but on the other hand, it has fullness.

A stack of two Mentor devices is without a doubt capable of competing with Volot. In addition, two Mentors provide a fully balanced connection, with an output power twice as high as that of VOLOT. On some technical issues, we went further in our research than in VOLOT and even paid close attention to wiring. We find the Mentor to be one of the most detailed amplifiers, with an impressive sound stage, even when using a single unit.

The Mentor has a multi-layer feed, which is why it resembles the VOLOT model. Very natural tones, excellent readability, and intelligibility, even at low volume levels. The amp is not "dark" or "light" in presentation, we find it neutral. Very high composure and articulation throughout the entire range. The sound is delicate and neat, full, but in no way dried up or soulless."

Dec 22, 2023 at 5:32 PM Post #29 of 875
You know, I wondered about this question recently too, but the response from the guys on Facebook didn't seem all that unequivocal to me. Here is part of a quote from their response

"The Volot and Mentor amplifiers are similar in many ways. But their signature is slightly different. The Volot has a warmer midrange and a slightly rounder top end. The Mentor sounds more monitory, in a good way. We wanted to create an amp with a holographic, layered sound, without falling into complete analysis. In other words, it sounds extremely clean and precise, but on the other hand, it has fullness.

A stack of two Mentor devices is without a doubt capable of competing with Volot. In addition, two Mentors provide a fully balanced connection, with an output power twice as high as that of VOLOT. On some technical issues, we went further in our research than in VOLOT and even paid close attention to wiring. We find the Mentor to be one of the most detailed amplifiers, with an impressive sound stage, even when using a single unit.

The Mentor has a multi-layer feed, which is why it resembles the VOLOT model. Very natural tones, excellent readability, and intelligibility, even at low volume levels. The amp is not "dark" or "light" in presentation, we find it neutral. Very high composure and articulation throughout the entire range. The sound is delicate and neat, full, but in no way dried up or soulless."
I got a similiar response from them. It sounds like I would prefer dual mentors.

Dec 22, 2023 at 7:14 PM Post #30 of 875
Interesting.... That's a LOT of power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back