FLUX Mentor Class-A dual-mono headphone amplifier.
Jan 31, 2024 at 1:08 AM Post #166 of 985
That is excellent news that they fixed what I feel is the only flaw with my FA-22. I was just responding to streaml1ne`s assesment
" however the relay ladder on Mentor does not appear to be linear and it gets loud real fast if I bump up the volume."

As I mentioned before, I have zero issues from IEMs to Susvara. I am always between 10 and 12 o’clock on the pot and the attenuation steps are fine (at least for me).

Feb 2, 2024 at 12:53 PM Post #169 of 985
IMG_20240202_195137.jpg

Feb 2, 2024 at 8:49 PM Post #170 of 985
Anyone who has been reading my impressions, hold off on making a decision based on them. I realized last night that I have a mismatched set of cables coming out of my Douk switcher and going to the Mjolnir 3 vs Mentor. The line into the Douk is World's Best Canare XLR, and going to MJ3 is also Canare, but I have Mogami going to the Mentor. I have another set of Canare coming tomorrow so I can make the comparison truly identical and I'll reevaluate the bass performance then. I'm not expecting a change as the difference was pretty noticeable, but you never know.

Feb 2, 2024 at 9:02 PM Post #171 of 985
Received my Mentor a few days ago and finally got it connected for some quick testing this evening.
Connected it via balanced (4.4mm balanced to dual XLR) using my Hiby R6 Pro II DAP—then balanced out to my JM Audio XTC 1.5 closed backs (64ohm).

I‘m enjoying it a lot so far and looking forward to it after I get through the burn in. So far the soundstage is very wide, bass is good, good top end but some vocals seem compressed or constrained. I’m optimistic these will get better as I only have 1.5 hrs on it.

I must say it is a great looking amp in the Titanium color! Will be auditioning my other headphones this weekend (ZMF Aeolus, Focal Clear, Hifiman HE1000v2 (NON stealth), Beyerdynamic DT1990Pro, Kennerton GH50 Gjallahorn Mk2 JM edition, etc.

Feb 3, 2024 at 7:43 AM Post #172 of 985
Very interested in the Mentor amp but the inability to audition without potentially risking € 300 about 25% of the price of the amp.
Would love to hear comparisons to amps like the headamp gsx or gsx mini or other top end amps with a BT more of an jn the wild population. I'm sure the MJ3 is great and I am also interested in it as well. The issue with the MJ3 is EU availability.

As a reference I've owned several higher end amps like the Eddie Current BA, Zana Duex, Headamp GXS ans the mini plus older Singlepower amps. Right now I've also got the HAA Resolute (made by Thrax audio). So I am looking for a balanced amp in this class of products and hope the Mentor fits the bill.

Feb 3, 2024 at 4:39 PM Post #173 of 985
Very interested in the Mentor amp but the inability to audition without potentially risking € 300 about 25% of the price of the amp.
Would love to hear comparisons to amps like the headamp gsx or gsx mini or other top end amps with a BT more of an jn the wild population. I'm sure the MJ3 is great and I am also interested in it as well. The issue with the MJ3 is EU availability.

As a reference I've owned several higher end amps like the Eddie Current BA, Zana Duex, Headamp GXS ans the mini plus older Singlepower amps. Right now I've also got the HAA Resolute (made by Thrax audio). So I am looking for a balanced amp in this class of products and hope the Mentor fits the bill.
Yep, it's going to be a problem shipping that to europe and I still don't know if Schiit makes a 220v version for it.

Feb 4, 2024 at 12:33 PM Post #176 of 985
Hi, I am waiting for one Mentor but with the upgraded cables inside.
And I do plan to compare it with S17 Pro and V222.
i seem to remember you stating that the V222 remained as your fave ss amp even after comparing to the S17pro.
so i am eager to learn how this compares to both.
i am looking for an upgrade on my V200 and all 3 of these are on my shortlist along with MJ3.
cost wise the Aune is an easy winner but that amp has issues.
i cannot trial any of the options so "trusted" reviews are very helpfull to me.

Feb 4, 2024 at 12:39 PM Post #177 of 985
i seem to remember you stating that the V222 remained as your fave ss amp even after comparing to the S17pro.
so i am eager to learn how this compares to both.
i am looking for an upgrade on my V200 and all 3 of these are on my shortlist along with MJ3.
cost wise the Aune is an easy winner but that amp has issues.
i cannot trial any of the options so "trusted" reviews are very helpfull to me.
I have the Aune S17 Pro and also the heavily upgraded Kinki THR-1 Vision and I can tell you that the Mentor leaves them both in the dust, far superior! :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back