Flux Lab Acoustics FA-10, FA-10 Pro, FA-12, FCN-10 & FA-12s Amplifiers - Summit-Fi for the People?: Reviews, Impressions & Discussion
Sep 16, 2021 at 10:28 PM Post #1,892 of 2,609
I dont know if you've tried it but the D70s is great for the price. Its natural sounding and very detailed, aswell as readily available unlike the D90. You could get a D70s + FA-10 for not much more than the FCN-10.
The FCN-10 has two AKM 4493 chips which brings its acoustic performance pretty much in line with a single 4497 as found in the d70s so I don’t think there would be any discernible difference in getting a d70s.

it seems the FCN-10 is really a great deal as it is for a all-in-one solution plus the fact that the previous all-in-one Flux manufactured the Atlas was a $5000 offering which was highly regarded so it I’m pretty confident they are competent enough and know how to properly implement the DAC because of previous experience.

Sep 17, 2021 at 12:08 AM Post #1,893 of 2,609
The FCN-10 has two AKM 4493 chips which brings its acoustic performance pretty much in line with a single 4497 as found in the d70s so I don’t think there would be any discernible difference in getting a d70s.

it seems the FCN-10 is really a great deal as it is for a all-in-one solution plus the fact that the previous all-in-one Flux manufactured the Atlas was a $5000 offering which was highly regarded so it I’m pretty confident they are competent enough and know how to properly implement the DAC because of previous experience.
Im sure its a very good product, and you'll be happy with either one. I am just throwing out other options based on my experience, the d70s has two 4497's btw.

Sep 17, 2021 at 3:32 AM Post #1,894 of 2,609
Im sure its a very good product, and you'll be happy with either one. I am just throwing out other options based on my experience, the d70s has two 4497's btw.
Oh, pardon my ignorance I quickly glanced the spec on the dual 4497 and totally missed that :frowning2:

yeah I guess dual 4497 would be yield performance close to a 4499 so the Topping d70s is definitely something to consider …but yeah as you said I think I will be content with the FCN-10 and was just pointing the topping d90 as something I would like to try in the future but I don’t think the difference will be vast… either way this is all speculation based on what I gathered from here.. I still have to hear it for my self and report back but I do have high hopes.

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2021 at 12:10 PM Post #1,898 of 2,609
Can the FA-10 be used with more sensitive things like IEMs and still have useable space on the volume knob?
From I what remember the amp is a little noisy with Iems.
I can later today or tomorrow.
What Iems do you have, maybe I have them too?

Sep 17, 2021 at 1:11 PM Post #1,899 of 2,609
Oh, pardon my ignorance I quickly glanced the spec on the dual 4497 and totally missed that :frowning2:

yeah I guess dual 4497 would be yield performance close to a 4499 so the Topping d70s is definitely something to consider …but yeah as you said I think I will be content with the FCN-10 and was just pointing the topping d90 as something I would like to try in the future but I don’t think the difference will be vast… either way this is all speculation based on what I gathered from here.. I still have to hear it for my self and report back but I do have high hopes.
Yeah, difference is always minor with DAC's, its more about the features and form factor in my opinion. I would love to hear your experience with the FCN-10 because its one of the ones I was thinking about getting before I got my chain now.

Sep 17, 2021 at 1:42 PM Post #1,900 of 2,609
IMG_20210917_203818.jpg

Sep 17, 2021 at 2:11 PM Post #1,901 of 2,609
From I what remember the amp is a little noisy with Iems.
I can later today or tomorrow.
What Iems do you have, maybe I have them too?
I don't currently have IEMs. I keep looking at various IEMs but haven't pulled the trigger yet. Just trying to make sure I'd have the capability if I did end up getting some IEMs.

Sep 17, 2021 at 2:25 PM Post #1,904 of 2,609
Ooh I have the same set up with the fa-12 and Ares 2. Make sure you feed the Ares 2 a good spdif signal :)

Stop making me want to spend more money on headphones lol.
Currently I am feeling it with Digi one signature alternating with iFi ZEN Stream.
Pretty good I guess!

BTW, this is an excellent set up so it makes sense to send your money on headphones! 👹

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2021 at 2:27 PM Post #1,905 of 2,609
Would the coax out on a Bluesound Node 2i be considered good?
I use a pi2aes, and I’ve also tried a digione. I’m not a measurements only audiophile, but everyone seems to love the the above on subjective/objective forums. It’s ugly though lol.

The node 2i as far as I know hasn’t had it’s spdif out measured. Apparently it’s toslink in is broken though. So I dunno.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back