Flux Lab Acoustics FA-10, FA-10 Pro, FA-12, FCN-10 & FA-12s Amplifiers - Summit-Fi for the People?: Reviews, Impressions & Discussion
Feb 1, 2021 at 11:18 AM Post #1,276 of 2,598
Very very helpful stuff thank you! Sim audio may take a little bit to get the 430 here due to COVID so I got time to look into all these.

I especially am considering the 430 because it seems people keep theirs around long after just for the amplifier, and use DACs later with it.

Consider Vioelectric V590 also on your list as AIO. It has a thread in here.

Feb 1, 2021 at 4:29 PM Post #1,277 of 2,598
It looks like my FA-12 is out for delivery so hopefully I will receive it this afternoon. I also impulsively bought an HD 800 S last week which is on it's way so I will be able to offer impressions with that and my 4z

Edit: The 800 S arrived this morning but I don't think the FA-12 will come today. The tracking info is not clear, it says arriving today but it's still listed as being in Ukraine plus there's a snow storm impacting deliveries in MA. I'll just post back once it arrives
I'm really interested in your combo FA-12 and HD800-S. A few people here have used the HD800-S with the FA-10 but I can't remember if someone have used with the FA-12. Which DAC (or DACs) will you use?

Feb 1, 2021 at 4:54 PM Post #1,278 of 2,598
It looks like my FA-12 is out for delivery so hopefully I will receive it this afternoon. I also impulsively bought an HD 800 S last week which is on it's way so I will be able to offer impressions with that and my 4z

Edit: The 800 S arrived this morning but I don't think the FA-12 will come today. The tracking info is not clear, it says arriving today but it's still listed as being in Ukraine plus there's a snow storm impacting deliveries in MA. I'll just post back once it arrives

I am curious; when did you place your order for the FA-12? I ordered one at the end of December, and have not received any shipping notice yet.

Feb 1, 2021 at 6:23 PM Post #1,279 of 2,598
I'm really interested in your combo FA-12 and HD800-S. A few people here have used the HD800-S with the FA-10 but I can't remember if someone have used with the FA-12. Which DAC (or DACs) will you use?
I will definitely post impressions of this pairing once the amp is here. I also would like to get an xlr cable to use the 800S balanced or a 4.4 to xlr adapter. Otherwise I will be using the single ended output which in my mind kind of defeats the point of owning the FA-12. My dac is the RME ADI-2 FS. I also have an SMSL SU8, Bifrost Uber Version 1, and some Rotel dac that I may try but I've been happy with the RME for it's flexibility and info that it provides during playback. More info of my chain is in my signature

Feb 1, 2021 at 6:25 PM Post #1,280 of 2,598
I am curious; when did you place your order for the FA-12? I ordered one at the end of December, and have not received any shipping notice yet.
Here's the history of my order so far:
I ordered on January 5th.The money went through on the 5th as well and Vitaliy confirmed the order then. Then on the 6th Vitaliy confirmed the swap to the red front panel. Also, I emailed them on the 26th of January asking about the status of my order and he said that it would be shipped the next day. It shipped via UPS on the 27th and I am awaiting it's delivery. I would send an email to info@fluxlab-acoustics.com. They have been very responsive and helpful when I reached out to them.

Feb 2, 2021 at 3:13 AM Post #1,282 of 2,598
As a matter in fact it was on my very shortlist (2nd and 4th post on this thread). It has a very good but not so powerful (2.6w @ 32ohms) headamp section. Too large however for my desktop. Headphonia has a very positive review of it.

Went to a Audiobyte Hydra stack (Soundnews review) instead for its DAC and versatility (fpga based). Adding a dedicated amp later if needed. But so far its been good for my cans. You coould find some comparo in YT fitted against other megabucks DACs.

EDIT: Then there is the Lampizator Amber/Amp DAC I forgot. Again like the Atlas it was too large for my setup.

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2021 at 6:11 PM Post #1,283 of 2,598
Here's the history of my order so far:
I ordered on January 5th.The money went through on the 5th as well and Vitaliy confirmed the order then. Then on the 6th Vitaliy confirmed the swap to the red front panel. Also, I emailed them on the 26th of January asking about the status of my order and he said that it would be shipped the next day. It shipped via UPS on the 27th and I am awaiting it's delivery. I would send an email to info@fluxlab-acoustics.com. They have been very responsive and helpful when I reached out to them.
I heard back from Vitaliy. The delay is because I requested the remote control option. He said it would be shipped by the end of this week. I understand they are a (very) small company, but they haven't done a good job of managing my expectations. I do agree that Vitaliy has been very friendly and responsive however. How long does shipping take? I am also in MA.

Feb 2, 2021 at 7:16 PM Post #1,284 of 2,598
I heard back from Vitaliy. The delay is because I requested the remote control option. He said it would be shipped by the end of this week. I understand they are a (very) small company, but they haven't done a good job of managing my expectations. I do agree that Vitaliy has been very friendly and responsive however. How long does shipping take? I am also in MA.
Sorry to hear your order has been delayed by the remote. Tracking says it is now arriving on the 4th which is about a week for shipping.

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2021 at 7:32 PM Post #1,285 of 2,598

The fast DHL shipping usually takes 1 week and regular shipping takes 2-3 weeks, this was the case few months back

Feb 2, 2021 at 7:43 PM Post #1,286 of 2,598
The fast DHL shipping usually takes 1 week and regular shipping takes 2-3 weeks, this was the case few months back
When I placed my order there was only one shipping option at a rate of $100 so perhaps they've just switched to the fast shipping for all orders

Feb 2, 2021 at 8:21 PM Post #1,287 of 2,598
How's the FCN-10 performing with the 1266 TC? I'm looking to get out of the midrange headphone hell and go straight for the TOTL Abyss.

And of course upgrade components down the line.

Feb 3, 2021 at 5:37 AM Post #1,288 of 2,598
I am lookin for a full amplifier for give me the 100% sound from my Abyss Diana Phi
I am owner of CONDUCTOR 3X REF but I do not see it the best for mi Diana Phi. Also I am owner of LTA MZ2 OTL .This one is fantastic for my HD800 BUT again n ot the best for my Phi.
I was thinking in Formula S but I do not want spent so money so one member in AByss Thread recomended me tthe FA-10.
I am reading a lot of this thread pages (Not the 86 of course) and I read a very good things about. I would like full balanced like my BURSON but I prefer power and tone for my Phi.
By the way I read also the mod is very nice but sadly I must do it here in Spain because I have just a very bad experience whith two items I received from GB.
For the first time in my life I had paid custom duties and import taxes from England (Brexit did it) .So I must look for more cheaper ways
I have Diana Phi, HD800 and Erzetich Phobos aswell
Thanks for yours opinion. They will be greatly appreciated.

Feb 3, 2021 at 6:19 AM Post #1,289 of 2,598
A bit expensive maybe, but there is a Headamp GSX Mini on the For Sale section. The seller is in France so no problem with taxes.

Was considering it but will pass.

GSX Mini impression by ABYSS Headphones on YT: They are all praises for its pairing with the Diana Phi. LINK

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back