Flux Lab Acoustics FA-10, FA-10 Pro, FA-12, FCN-10 & FA-12s Amplifiers - Summit-Fi for the People?: Reviews, Impressions & Discussion
Jul 14, 2020 at 4:30 AM Post #406 of 2,609
A lot of biases come into play when we judge a gear. To name a few. How much money we spent. How long, how excited, and how much anticipation the wait was. Our mood, definitely. Most of us also try to defend the resale value of our existing gears, out of fear of losing money when selling them. All these are all too common.

To add things worse, a lot of sell-side reviewers (formal and informal) who get some kind of compensation that distort this even more. Over time, we can all see how ridiculous this hobby can get. All those glowing reviews over mediocre products.

I don't even bother to listen to people's impressions anymore, especially review sites. I only listen to people who I'm very familiar with.

On a separate note, this amp does invoke my curiosity.
That biases comes from manufacturer and sponsors/reviewers. Period !

Jul 14, 2020 at 4:31 AM Post #407 of 2,609
As long as you can filter properly, it is fine. Head fi is filled with gearphiles who are after the adrenaline rush of their next purchase. Been on that road. This hobby has a big achilles heel. The most important part of the audio chain is the music, not the gears. Lets face it. When we listen to songs we love, we will get very similar rush, regardless of the gears, even on this iem that comes with my samsung cellphone. This is from my personal experience.

Nowadays i hardly make any hardware purchase. This FA-10 is the only SS amp on my radar. And I had good experience in the past with Russian and Ukrainian manufacturers. But the jury is still out there on this one.
Nope, to them its about the gears. Best sound quality, never about the music. But for me, I never own anything other than O2 Odac till this day.

Jul 14, 2020 at 12:19 PM Post #410 of 2,609
Picked up my FA-10 yesterday. It's still burning in, which is'nt hard since it runs quite warm.

Attachments

• DSCN0056.JPG
    DSCN0056.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
Jul 14, 2020 at 1:31 PM Post #413 of 2,609
Any colour is an option, you just need to ask nicely. :) As of right now my FA-10 is one of a kind, I asked for white but Matt silver was the quickest option; since that's what the volume + fonts usually are (inverted paint scheme). Production was delayed for part shipments... I ordered on May 6th (apparently). it took 7days to deliver. which is pretty good under the current climate. I have other things that have been in transit for 40days traveling Europe by road.. :)

Jul 14, 2020 at 11:14 PM Post #415 of 2,609
Need more comparisons between the FA-10 and FA-12. Interested one of these. I'm also want to know how the bass quality and quantity, midrange and treble compares.

Jul 16, 2020 at 7:00 AM Post #416 of 2,609
I cant really give a great review i do not have that much experience with a wide range of gear. Using Arya and directly comparing it to THX there is a lot more overall detail and the bass hits harder. Running High gain at 12 o'clock its decent listening volume but creep it towards 1 and things get loud, but everything becomes more engaging. Still letting it burn in and getting over the honeymoon period to prove itself to me.

I have no complaints other than it being huge, you need to make room for this thing, I'm still working out a good place for it to reside and breathe properly. Also playing around with some cosmetics, I originally planned on a black one, but the gold is staying for a while..

Attachments

• DSCN0057.JPG
    DSCN0057.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 0
Jul 16, 2020 at 7:05 AM Post #417 of 2,609
I cant really give a great review i do not have that much experience with a wide range of gear. Using Arya and directly comparing it to THX there is a lot more overall detail and the bass hits harder. Running High gain at 12 o'clock its decent listening volume but creep it towards 1 and things get loud, but everything becomes more engaging. Still letting it burn in and getting over the honeymoon period to prove itself to me.

I have no complaints other than it being huge, you need to make room for this thing, I'm still working out a good place for it to reside and breathe properly. Also playing around with some cosmetics, I originally planned on a black one, but the gold is staying for a while..
Is that the FA-12s?

Jul 16, 2020 at 7:36 AM Post #420 of 2,609

Users who are viewing this thread

Back