Flux Lab Acoustics FA-10, FA-10 Pro, FA-12, FCN-10 & FA-12s Amplifiers - Summit-Fi for the People?: Reviews, Impressions & Discussion
Jun 15, 2020 at 6:09 AM Post #166 of 2,598
In chatting with Flux Labs they seemed confident that FA-12 was powerful enough for Argons and they were definitely pushing me towards the FA-12. Thinking we need quantify the difference between these two amps. It's clear the FA-10 is more transparent (more power) while the FA-12 is pleasantly colored. Maybe we need to find and join a Russian forum?
What Russian forum that you speak of ?

Yes, can tell the FA-12 able to push Argons. Give you a thicker, more bodied sound and also power sufficient.

Jun 15, 2020 at 7:04 AM Post #170 of 2,598
I wonder how does the FA-10 compete with the Volot then........
We will see once it comes out in the market. If they had it available at the same time then I might have gone with Volot although the difference in sound won’t be as much as to justify the price difference between the two. Also Flux is kind of unknown to me so better to take less risk 750 vs 3k

Jun 15, 2020 at 7:09 AM Post #171 of 2,598
We will see once it comes out in the market. If they had it available at the same time then I might have gone with Volot although the difference in sound won’t be as much as to justify the price difference between the two. Also Flux is kind of unknown to me so better to take less risk 750 vs 3k
Thats the problem. And also, bias review !

Jun 15, 2020 at 7:14 AM Post #172 of 2,598
Hi it is funny ! So why you go for FA-12 ?
Nothing like like a balanced Class A amp, so its got to be the FA-12, I love tubes too but I grew up in a recording studio surrounded by Class A gear and it was always my favorite with the exception of mixed Class A and Tube. I don't care about distortion whatsoever, so perhaps I am not a true audiophile but Class A done right is really a lot of fun.

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2020 at 7:21 AM Post #173 of 2,598
Nothing like like a balanced Class A amp, so its got to be the FA-12, I love tubes too but I grew up in a recording studio surrounded by Class A gear and it was always my favorite with the exception of mixed Class A and Tube. I don't care about distortion whatsoever, so perhaps I am not a true audiophile but Class done right is really a lot of fun.
Then why FA-12 over FA-10 ? If you are talking about value, the FA-12 is competing with the Rebel Class A Amp (The green amplifier).

Jun 15, 2020 at 7:26 AM Post #174 of 2,598
Then why FA-12 over FA-10 ? If you are talking about value, the FA-12 is competing with the Rebel Class A Amp (The green amplifier).
FA-12S is the direct competitor for the Rebel Amp but we do not know much about that yet, but to be honest the Rebel is really interesting as well and its great to see products coming out that have strong character.

Jun 15, 2020 at 7:58 AM Post #175 of 2,598
In chatting with Flux Labs they seemed confident that FA-12 was powerful enough for Argons and they were definitely pushing me towards the FA-12. Thinking we need quantify the difference between these two amps. It's clear the FA-10 is more transparent (more power) while the FA-12 is pleasantly colored. Maybe we need to find and join a Russian forum?

Just remember that Ukraine is not Russia, k? (And official language in Ukraine is Ukrainian which is not Russian)
And AFAIK, they've just started production fairly recently there isn't much in terms of reviews of the amps, they are waiting for people to post in different forums so you might or might not find it in a Russian language forum.
Regarding Volot, they told me it should be out soon enough. (So yeah, it's not out just yet).

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2020 at 8:37 AM Post #176 of 2,598
i am more interested in the fa-12s cause of the form factor and probably verstile usage between headphone and iems

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2020 at 10:34 AM Post #178 of 2,598
Just remember that Ukraine is not Russia, k? (And official language in Ukraine is Ukrainian which is not Russian)
And AFAIK, they've just started production fairly recently there isn't much in terms of reviews of the amps, they are waiting for people to post in different forums so you might or might not find it in a Russian language forum.
Regarding Volot, they told me it should be out soon enough. (So yeah, it's not out just yet).
Like he or she said, its a joke. Are you interested in Flux Amp ?

Jun 15, 2020 at 10:51 AM Post #179 of 2,598
Like he or she said, its a joke. Are you interested in Flux Amp ?

Why are you asking me this?
And I haven't seen that person saying anything about a joke.

Jun 15, 2020 at 12:41 PM Post #180 of 2,598
Because you are on this thread so I assume you are interested, thats why i asked. Also most people here on this thread, are 90% commited on buying it. Just saying )

Read that person comment towards me. He or she said it was a joke.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back