Flux Lab Acoustics FA-10, FA-10 Pro, FA-12, FCN-10 & FA-12s Amplifiers - Summit-Fi for the People?: Reviews, Impressions & Discussion
Sep 15, 2020 at 7:43 PM Post #721 of 2,605
Early gift arrived today. I'm going right to the hardest headphones to drive that I own, the Susvara's. Initial impressions are I made the right decision in picking up this amp and pairing it with the RME. Bass is fast and punchy, dynamics and details are there in spades. I don't hear lack of treble clarity at all. I'm on high gain with the volume wheel in the sweet spot around 1:30 - 2 o'clock on the dial and it's plenty loud and musical.

IMG_0542.jpg

Sep 15, 2020 at 11:21 PM Post #726 of 2,605
Early impression on the RME and FA-10 pairing is that it's outstanding. That is with the FA-10 right out of the box. The dynamics are superb, bass is deep and hits hard, midrange is full, clean and balanced, treble in my opinion is beautifully implemented. To me, the treble isn't lacking any clarity at all. The details, extension and air are all there. The treble implementation as far as I can tell allows you freedom of the volume wheel.

The FA-10 has no problem driving the Susvara's. It's the best dedicated solid state headphone amp I've heard with them. The FA-10 is so dang musical, I love this amp! Burning in now with some pink noise. More impressions to come....

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2020 at 4:05 AM Post #728 of 2,605
I'm on high gain with the volume wheel in the sweet spot around 1:30 - 2 o'clock on the dial and it's plenty loud and musical.

IMG_0542.jpg

Exactly same settings with my HE6se, let FA-10 to burn a bit after power ON (around 30min), sound will be even more refined.

Sep 16, 2020 at 4:34 AM Post #729 of 2,605
Exactly same settings with my HE6se, let FA-10 to burn a bit after power ON (around 30min), sound will be even more refined.
What's crazy is after 2 o'clock there is another level of volume. There's no distortion just good clean sound. This is where the treble tuning comes into play. There's only a couple of headphones that I know of that will ultilize a good chunk of the FA-10's power: The HE-6/6se and the Susvara's. Not even the Abyss Phi TC's need to go that high on the volume dial. Speaking of the TC's, I'll be giving them a proper go on the FA-10 next. The Susvara's and the FA-10 combo is a flat out winner.

Sep 16, 2020 at 9:46 AM Post #732 of 2,605
Anyone ever used the FA-10 with an Audeze LCD-4? Please share your impressions if you have. This unit clocks almost a perfect score in driving the Susvara, according to reviews I've read. I would like to know what it does for the 200 Ohm LCD-4 too.

Sep 16, 2020 at 10:12 AM Post #733 of 2,605
Early gift arrived today. I'm going right to the hardest headphones to drive that I own, the Susvara's. Initial impressions are I made the right decision in picking up this amp and pairing it with the RME. Bass is fast and punchy, dynamics and details are there in spades. I don't hear lack of treble clarity at all. I'm on high gain with the volume wheel in the sweet spot around 1:30 - 2 o'clock on the dial and it's plenty loud and musical.

IMG_0542.jpg
[/QUOTE how do you afford the Susvara ?

Sep 16, 2020 at 1:30 PM Post #735 of 2,605
I don't mind listening to his ramblings even though no added value on sound perspective. He does give good overviews on the amp though, from a normal consumer point of view, not really audiophile.
None of it are audiophile and mostly nonsense. Mostly cater to the mass audience.

I'm a fan of his... Not from a perspective of where I expect to receive massive amounts of information or a comprehensive review but from the perspective where he discusses a topic that I'm interested in and adds a flavor of humor to what could be a very dry topic. His primary audience is mostly entry level and perhaps midfi people and not audiophiles per say. In my opinion what he does a good job at is introducing people that are new to audio to a community that might be exclusionary if not perhaps elitist in nature. He embraces a demographic that is looking for their first $250 headphones $100 Dac and $150 Amp while making their journey a bit entertaining.

So now he's taking those people to the next level of buying a $500 headphone $300 Dac and $750 Flux Amp which is good for us all. The more people he can bring into the fold helps all of us as there will be more 2nd hand units and R&D funds future rev's.

While Darko and Gutt are futzing with $5k Dacs, $15k amps, and $20k speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back