Flux Lab Acoustics FA-10, FA-10 Pro, FA-12, FCN-10 & FA-12s Amplifiers - Summit-Fi for the People?: Reviews, Impressions & Discussion
Sep 2, 2020 at 5:50 PM Post #676 of 2,598
My Fa12 has been re-united with its big brother from the same mother... and father presumably. I've left it in the corner to gently simmer for the last 72 hours saving my first proper listen for tonight.

Christening with with the new Kelly Lee Owens album which i've already listened to 4 or 5 times today. Impressions to follow, when i've hopefully got something more useful to say :):)

WARNING! this image may trigger those OCD sufferers among you.... :wink:

Flux Lab Acoustics FA12 vs FCN10FLA Fa12 vs Fcn10.JPG

Finally, looking forward to thoughts and impressions

Sep 2, 2020 at 10:18 PM Post #677 of 2,598
My Fa12 has been re-united with its big brother from the same mother... and father presumably. I've left it in the corner to gently simmer for the last 72 hours saving my first proper listen for tonight.

Christening with with the new Kelly Lee Owens album which i've already listened to 4 or 5 times today. Impressions to follow, when i've hopefully got something more useful to say :):)

WARNING! this image may trigger those OCD sufferers among you.... :wink:

Flux Lab Acoustics FA12 vs FCN10FLA Fa12 vs Fcn10.JPG

So looks like you have the FCN-10 and the FA-12? Interested in any impressions and comparisons.

That album popped up on my feed. Totally digging it.

Sep 3, 2020 at 8:55 AM Post #678 of 2,598
Fantastic. Can't wait to hear how they compare.

Sep 3, 2020 at 6:15 PM Post #679 of 2,598
First off apologies to you all, i just accidentally shared some early impressions comparing the FA12 to FCN10 on Headphone Experiences facebook page. All i can say it was accident and it wont happen again..

Still very early doors.. unsurprisingly they share a house sound and have a lot of immediately similarities, namely nailed on imaging, linear presentation (both leaning towards the sun, the FA12 more so than the 10) but still very even handed across the FR. They both track the source, in my case the hugo2, but adding weight and texture, in very natural smooth sound, knocking off the some of the H2's sharp edges. The 12 is warmer but never too much, bass has more presence and for me the decay is so spot where i like it, sounding completely natural to my ears at least, where the with 10 its a tiny bit clipped for my personal preferences but its probably because its so transparent, so pairing with other sources will give different outcomes, which reinforces my confidence in the quality of the advice given by VIitaliy at FLA when i was deciding blind or deaf between the 12 and the 10. I explained my current pairing equipment, my love of listening to techno/ electronica in as analogue form possible, as well explaining the type of dynamic driver HPs i liked so in the hope my choice could be future proofed to some degree.

Its too early to say the 12 is unequivocally the right amp out of the 2 for more, because, with 3 4hrs+ listening sessions with a fairly (not completely) run FCN10, i'm finding it has its own X-Factor that's making me go to bed too late, its different from that possessed by the 12 but is proving to be on a par in terms of addictiveness. One thing i can say is they are both accomplished way beyond their price tags and i wouldnt be unhappy with either of them. I'm borrowing my ex Hugo TT2 back for a bitter sweet weekend, because i'm really keen to hear how far they can both scale. I will post more detailed impressions once i've got my thoughts straight and i'll have a proper listen to the DAC and comment on that too.

In the meantime, apologies again for the facebook thing, it wont happen again i promise :wink:

Sep 4, 2020 at 1:43 AM Post #681 of 2,598
Just making sure, are you testing the amp section only for the FCN-10? Thanks for the impressions, looking forward to how they compare with the tt2

yes I am comparing amp sections only. I have Them both being fed by the hugo2 with the same power an interconnects. I’ll post separately about the fcn10’s dac implementation:)

Sep 4, 2020 at 12:48 PM Post #682 of 2,598
Is it me or is FA-10 smoother and less « agressive » after it is playing for some time after power on ? Is class A amp like tube amps ? Or it is just my brain !

Sep 4, 2020 at 1:22 PM Post #684 of 2,598
Is it me or is FA-10 smoother and less « agressive » after it is playing for some time after power on ? Is class A amp like tube amps ? Or it is just my brain !

No you are right :) it has some Tube amp vibes with smoothness/musicality. People have few variations of "Aggressive" definition, some including me perceive Treble energy, on the face Dynamics, Instrument sharpness, Micro details contributing to aggressiveness and FA-10 is not made for those characteristics hence i can see why some don't perceive this as aggressive. But it does has some other factors qualifying it to be aggressive such a speed & Bass impact.

Sep 4, 2020 at 1:29 PM Post #685 of 2,598
No you are right :) it has some Tube amp vibes with smoothness/musicality. People have few variations of "Aggressive" definition, some including me perceive Treble energy, on the face Dynamics, Instrument sharpness, Micro details contributing to aggressiveness and FA-10 is not made for those characteristics hence i can see why some don't perceive this as aggressive. But it does has some other factors qualifying it to be aggressive such a speed & Bass impact.

both amps need a good a hour to warm up, improved bass is definition is really noticeable and a loss of edginess at the top. I'm not sure i'd call it aggressive, fast and plenty of attack but it never tips over, i think the source feeding could play a huge part in this what with it being so transparent.

Sep 4, 2020 at 3:10 PM Post #686 of 2,598
both amps need a good a hour to warm up, improved bass is definition is really noticeable and a loss of edginess at the top. I'm not sure i'd call it aggressive, fast and plenty of attack but it never tips over, i think the source feeding could play a huge part in this what with it being so transparent.

Yes when I said aggressive it was a bit exagerated :)
I agree with you, it seems that after 1h there is a loss of edginess at the top.

Sep 4, 2020 at 7:04 PM Post #687 of 2,598
Any updates on the Volot rollout? I was told about a month ago that we were close for release.

Sep 7, 2020 at 8:35 PM Post #688 of 2,598
Anyone here with impressions of the FA-10 paired with the Susvara or the LCD-4.? Yes, I have read the review on Headfonia, but I was expecting to find some Susvara/FA-10 reviews on here too.

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2020 at 10:04 PM Post #689 of 2,598
yes I am comparing amp sections only. I have Them both being fed by the hugo2 with the same power an interconnects. I’ll post separately about the fcn10’s dac implementation:)

Looking forward to this! I originally inquired about the FA-12 but Flux recommended the the FA-10 to me (and I certainly can’t complain).

If it’s easy, try your RME with a 15v power supply too... I would love to hear what you think.

Sep 8, 2020 at 12:02 AM Post #690 of 2,598

Users who are viewing this thread

Back