Flux Lab Acoustics FA-10, FA-10 Pro, FA-12, FCN-10 & FA-12s Amplifiers - Summit-Fi for the People?: Reviews, Impressions & Discussion
Jul 30, 2020 at 3:49 PM Post #496 of 2,609
I was interested in integrated amps briefly for my Abyss 1266 Phi. I tried two. The issue I ran into with both was too much gain, presumably due to the higher impedance of the Abyss vs 4-8Ω speakers. Others have had luck with certain speaker amps + Abyss; I'm not sure of a way to guarantee good results based on specs.

much appreciated so have you paired the FA-10 with the 1266 ? If so what are your thoughts?

Jul 30, 2020 at 7:22 PM Post #498 of 2,609
Has anyone compared this amp with the XIAudio Formual S and possibly with the powerman as well? I am on the fence and it would be great if this was on par with the formula s and could drive my abyss. I could sell the formula then and possibly save some money.
I just ordered me one of these after selling my Burson 3XR for this very reason. Plus it seems like the FA-10 is an improvement all the way around after reading a few reviews. I’ll have my Abyss TC’s soon. Hopefully they’ll arrive at the same time.

Jul 31, 2020 at 10:59 PM Post #500 of 2,609
image0.jpg

Just got mine in today. Ordered July 4th

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2020 at 4:44 AM Post #501 of 2,609
Aug 1, 2020 at 5:57 AM Post #502 of 2,609
I just ordered me one of these after selling my Burson 3XR for this very reason. Plus it seems like the FA-10 is an improvement all the way around after reading a few reviews. I’ll have my Abyss TC’s soon. Hopefully they’ll arrive at the same time.
Its so sad that the community have to listen to each other impression just because most of us unable to demo or auditioned in a quiet proper environtment. Anyway, I thought you already have the Susvara ?

Aug 1, 2020 at 6:19 AM Post #503 of 2,609
I would not call the V281 analytical at all.

It is. Warmish, a tad soft and slow IME.

+1 this matched my experience with the v281 using elegia and stellias.

Aug 1, 2020 at 6:22 AM Post #505 of 2,609
Aug 1, 2020 at 6:25 AM Post #507 of 2,609
Fair enough. Anyway, why suddenly you dont feel like selling the FA12 anymore ?

No, well atleast not until I’ve compared it to the fa10. I’m in Spain at the moment, not back in the UK for another week, but I gather my government have decided I need to spend 14 days in quarantine on my return, so fingers crossed it will arrive for that!

Aug 1, 2020 at 6:29 AM Post #508 of 2,609
No, well atleast not until I’ve compared it to the fa10. I’m in Spain at the moment, not back in the UK for another week, but I gather my government have decided I need to spend 14 days in quarantine on my return, so fingers crossed it will arrive for that!
Ok thank you ! finally ... Yeah everyone lately has been obsessing the difference, now talking about the FA12S and FA10 Pro, things are getting confusing !

Aug 1, 2020 at 7:12 AM Post #509 of 2,609
Its so sad that the community have to listen to each other impression just because most of us unable to demo or auditioned in a quiet proper environtment. Anyway, I thought you already have the Susvara ?

Yep, I have the Susvara’s and I’m adding the Abyss Phi TC’s to my collection as probably my last headphone purchase for awhile. I’ll have the top 2 best headphones I’ve heard in my possession to tryout the FA-10. Honestly speaking, these two headphones can probably replace everything in my collection, but I like having options :). The FA-10 will be handling amp duties along with my modded Liquid Platinum.

I agree with you about trying out gear. There is no place in my hometown that I can demo gear of any kind. So majority of my purchases are done blindly. I’m constantly buying, selling, trading gear as a way to listen to see if it fits into my ideal sound signature. I have high hopes for the FA-10. I‘m hoping it can deliver the dynamics, punch, and musicality I’m looking for in an amp. The 3XR was really close. Except it didn’t have the low end grunt to make the bass come alive. My Cavalli Liquid Carbon 2.0 was excellent at delivering bass and midrange but lacked refinement. The FA-10 from what I’ve been reading seems to delivery all of these sound qualities in a solid state amp, hence my excitement.

Aug 1, 2020 at 7:13 AM Post #510 of 2,609
Indicating that most company are full of greed somewhat

My comment was far less existential
ad I was referring to the lovely feliks audio euforia

Users who are viewing this thread

Back