Florida Meet Orlando, Longwood, Lake Mary, Sanford
Oct 17, 2009 at 6:05 PM Post #76 of 118
Well, I just reserved the room. It comes to $132.33 per night w/ the AAA discount, so lets say $13 per each of the 10 participants, if some fall out the individual cost will go up. f00fighters will be contacting you so remit the payment which needs to be submitted prior to Noon on Friday 10/30 as a gift to avoid the PayPal fee.

The only thing that worries me a bit is that on the Embassy Suites reservation page there is the following note: Your room type preferences will be submitted with your reservation and are subject to hotel availability.

I sure hope we get the two room suite w/ the 10 chair conference table otherwise it will be tight.

Oct 18, 2009 at 9:26 PM Post #77 of 118
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1117 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't forget that while there may be better high end rigs to listen to, it is nice to have various price ranges because not everyone can afford the higher-end stuff, so mid-fi or lower-end gear present at meets provides an opportunity to know what they can both like and afford.

Also, some people prefer simpler rigs for say, office setup.

As George Bush said: No rig left behind!

Well, something to that effect, anyway...

Cool guys, i'll bring what i got then.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As I understand it the idea is to start at 9am-10am and end at about 6pm-7pm. But f00fighters can correct me.

BTW, I believe today is the deadline for commitment so the room can be reserved.
wink.gif

I do not believe it is out of place to remind all of us of meet etiquette.
wink.gif

1. Please on this day do not oil/grease your hair. We do not want the oil/grease on our gear.
2. Same with perfume/cologne we do not want it transferred to our gear.
3. Do not bring food or drinks to the listening station, accidents happen and well ... we do not want that.
4. If you have eaten a greasy burger or pizza (and we all love them) please wash your hand before picking up or touching the gear.
5. Please ask before taking, specially if you wish to take a headphone to another rig.
6. If you want to plug or unplug a headphone please lower the volume, if SS turn it off in addition to lowering the volume.

On a similar thought please remember to bring extension cords, adapters you may need, and small towels to place your delicate headphones to prevent scratching them. Cheers and lets have fun!

If you have any other suggestions please share them. Thanks.

Great! I've never done one of these meets before, so i'm curious, how will we organize listening time and queues to listen to a certain setup. Like, what is considering "hogging" a station? Is it ok to bring a usb flash drive with music you want to listen to? I have a few tracks I'm dieing to listen to on a high end setup.

Also, do we all want to wear white gloves to prevent fingerprints? I don't care about fingerprints on my gear, but i'd completely understand if some of you guys with higher end gear were concerned about that. Just an idea.

Oct 18, 2009 at 9:46 PM Post #78 of 118
I can't make a commitment due to family stuff going on, but I'm still hoping to attend. If I can I'll be bringing one rig:

APL modded Phillips SACD 100 or maybe the Exemplar modded Denon 2900 (haven't yet decided which I prefer in this rig) > KGBH SE > O2MK1 and Lambda Pros.

If others are interested, I'll bring my HF2s, 225s, and SRH840s, and if I still have them (up for sale), and if someone has a beefy amp to drive them, I bring modded YH100s. Unless requested, these will be staying at home.

Oct 19, 2009 at 12:13 AM Post #79 of 118
I'll bring a pair of SE530s. I also will bring my JH13's and an ipod classic with some very well recorded music.

Again, JH audio is literally 20 minutes away. It might be interesting to A) take a trip down and say hi to Jerry and see how customs are made or B) at least ask him to see if some demo units are available for us to try out.

Oct 19, 2009 at 1:23 AM Post #80 of 118
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jensen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll bring a pair of SE530s. I also will bring my JH13's and an ipod classic with some very well recorded music.

Again, JH audio is literally 20 minutes away. It might be interesting to A) take a trip down and say hi to Jerry and see how customs are made or B) at least ask him to see if some demo units are available for us to try out.

I wanna go to get my impressions done!
bigsmile_face.gif

Oct 19, 2009 at 5:37 AM Post #81 of 118
Quote:

Originally Posted by danmagicman7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Question...how long/what hours are we thinking of holding this? I'm coming from the Ft. Lauderale area (a little north) so it's a 3 hour drive. If I need to sleep somewhere, that might be nice
biggrin.gif

If I can make it, I'll be driving up and back from Boynton Beach, but I'd need to make it a same-day trip. Where are you coming from?

Oct 19, 2009 at 5:49 PM Post #82 of 118
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If I can make it, I'll be driving up and back from Boynton Beach, but I'd need to make it a same-day trip. Where are you coming from?

Deerfield. We could split gas, and have a head-fi SoFla carpool. Anyone else interested?

Oct 20, 2009 at 1:48 AM Post #83 of 118
If my wife is not going I could take her van/suv which would fit all 3 and the gear fine. However I am leaving on Friday after 2pm-4pm and returning Sunday so it may not work for all. I should know in about a week if the wife is going or not.

Oct 23, 2009 at 3:02 AM Post #88 of 118
What times are we thinking?

Oct 23, 2009 at 3:29 AM Post #89 of 118
Quote:

Originally Posted by danmagicman7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What times are we thinking?

I'm sorry about that. I just updated the original post in this thread with the timing.

[size=xx-large]The meet will be from 9am to 7pm [/size]

*Additional Note If you have not received payment instructions via PM, please contact me immediately! Payment is due October 30. It is important that everyone on the confirmed list, make their payment, because their commitment is how we calculated cost per person. So if one person decides not to pay, then we all suffer the additional costs. mrarroyo was gracious enough to already pay for the room, as he wanted to insure that we get the Executive King Suite w/ Conference room, and the desired date of November 7.

Oct 23, 2009 at 3:32 AM Post #90 of 118
Once you make your payment, I will mark your name on the confirmed list, as paid. Miguel (mrarroyo), will send me a PM after each paypal payment he receives. Thanks again, guys for making this possible. I'm really excited to hear some real equipment and meet with some true audiophiles!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back